The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What's on your want list (long range)?

My long range want list is more like a "I would love to find" list.

I want a custom straight razor but don't have a design or concept in mind. I have the SV razor made by Korrat, perhaps I will get another one of his custom jobs.

I want a British open comb Aristocrat.

I would like to find a VERY good condition DePews straight razor. I have one that is pretty beat up and very well worn (the blade is half the size it should be) but it is a cool style of razor and I would like to find one in better condition.

I want to find an exquisite quality 3x8 finishing coticul. This may be impossible and certainly could be an expensive find but I know they exist and want one.

I would love someday to have a custom razor like a big KT, one premium shave brush like WW or Paladin, and maybe a modern DE system like the guys have been raving over. Of course I will increase my Sorrentino collection and CBL holdings, and will eventually get a lapping plate to properly flatten my honing stones.

Was trying to give this some thought from time to time when I could remember to. I'm kinda an impulse buyer at the moment and really have more than I need to take care of business and actually more than I need to even truly enjoy this hobby. But let's be honest, it's fun to look forward to a mail call and something new to you even when you need nothing. Long range and keeping y eye out for a Paladin Beehive Honey Noir color and any other one that really strikes me as I have to get that color or shape such as maybe a Buck Rogers when they are available. KJ, you have my address right..............haha, just kidding. Other then that. I still think about more Sorrentino brushes I may get made in the future too. Sometimes think about another member brush but hold off in case they have a different one for 2019 and I can get some then when they post up the new one for 2019. Is that the plan? Anyway that's all I got and I guess it comes down to I'm just not much of a long range thinker in this area...........

Being such a newbie, I've got so many things to try that I honestly don't feel too needy right now. Don't laugh, but here's mine:

• Merkur Futur, Merkur 34C
  • CBL Roasted Oatmeal Stout, Cigar Shop Cowboy
  • Mystic Waters Bay Rum / Sandalwood Coconut
I'd actually like to pursue the higher end razors at some point to see what the hub-bub is about. I honestly didn't think there could be that much difference until I tried my QShave. Though all the great tools in the world won't correct bad shaving techniques, I have found the better quality stuff does help produce better results.

. Other then that. I still think about more Sorrentino brushes I may get made in the future too. Sometimes think about another member brush but hold off in case they have a different one for 2019 and I can get some then when they post up the new one for 2019. Is that the plan?
I'm hoping for the package deal of the CBL Soap/Sorrentino Brush of the Month Club.

Chad has already made mention of it. Where have you been?
Saw his post above. Thought I'd read that before, but it was easier to act dumb than search for it. Besides I'm trying to limit how much I'm on here to make NurseDave happy. He's been after myself and HoneyNoir.........

Saw his post above. Thought I'd read that before, but it was easier to act dumb than search for it. Besides I'm trying to limit how much I'm on here to make NurseDave happy. He's been after myself and HoneyNoir.........
Nah brother, we'd get worried if there wasn't a gif or two posted for too long.

?

Mines a short list & I'll see if I get any.

Paladin
Simpson
Another Rudy Vey, maybe in manchurian or silvertip
More realistic: PdP #63

Some are long term & some are short; all are wants & none are needs.

Razors:
-Straight Razors- Brian Brown; Ralf Aust; Thiers Issard; Filarmonica; Wacker;
-Raw Shaving RS18 DE razor
-RR Game Changer (both plates)
-PAA SS Ascension
-Timeless Bronze SB
-Timeless Ti OC
-SS Karve (B,C,D,E)
-Rockwell Model T

Soaps w/ matching aftershaves where possible:
-CBL Club; & others
-B&M Reserve Waves
-PAA CaD (CK6 formula)
-whole set of Fine soaps
-more Shannon's Soaps
-Lisa's Natural

Frags/EdT/EdP:
-B&M Cool; Lavender; Seville
-Fine Platinum
-some Stirling colognes
-some WSP colognes

Misc.:
-Georgetown pottery scuttle
-Captains Choice flared copper bowl
-Frugal Shave products on etsy

Whenever I save up $70 of pocket change, I'm planning on getting a tub of MdC.
Thanks to Spider's PIF of a sample, I think I've changed my mind. MdC is very good, but there are better soaps for less money. And the scent isn't as good as I remember from when I bought a sample from Garry a few years ago.

Hardware:
-Aluminium (really hope this gets made) or Ti Karve razor with matching stand
-Paladin brush
-Eventually I'd like to try straight razors haha

Software:
-A lot of The Club sets, with matching frags where possible
-APR Ozymandias/Fenchurch (soap/as/edp)
-B&M Reserve Spice

Fragrances (mostly to match soaps/as):
-Tom Ford
-Parfum de Marly

It's just the start of summer here in Australia but there are so many good winter scents I can't wait to get my hands on.

Hardware:
-Aluminium (really hope this gets made) or Ti Karve razor with matching stand
-Paladin brush
-Eventually I'd like to try straight razors haha

Software:
-A lot of The Club sets, with matching frags where possible
-APR Ozymandias/Fenchurch (soap/as/edp)
-B&M Reserve Spice

Fragrances (mostly to match soaps/as):
-Tom Ford
-Parfum de Marly

It's just the start of summer here in Australia but there are so many good winter scents I can't wait to get my hands on.
Lots of people here to help you on the straights journey when you're ready to give it a go.

Back