The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What's in front of you?

giphy.gif

I never did either Shawn, some day it just changes......
I did go have one kidney stone removed. Then I went and had my hip worked on. It still gives me the same problems it did before they cut on it.... So I don't even bother going for the issue with my lower back that quack told me was "caused by the problem with my hip and will go away after the surgery" but in actuality is NOT in my hip, but is in my sacroiliac joint. Oh, and I got forced to go sit and wait 4 hours when I broke my nose to be told they wouldn't do anything anyhow like I knew they wouldn't. (Boss still doesn't live that down.)
As far as eating, heart, any of that sort of thing, well....
The boss and the PCP both were getting on my case a few years ago because I'm over 40. So with 2 women on my case, I gave in and went for full blood work/checkup. She gets the results back and says "there's nothing wrong with you at all, everything looks great". I gave her an "I told you so" and don't go back. :ROFLMAO:

I'm too stupid to quit because my back or hip hurt, which they apparently can't fix it anyhow. I just finished dinner that was salisbury steak and gravy over 2 cups of salted rice. At 5'8 and 160lbs, I still wear a belt with my 29 inch waist jeans... so no obesity/eating problems. And no other issues besides normal aches or something stupid I did to make myself leak or smoke a bit.
So for me, there's really no point in going, and I'm very dedicated to not going unless they take me in on a gurney. 😜

I did go have one kidney stone removed. Then I went and had my hip worked on. It still gives me the same problems it did before they cut on it.... So I don't even bother going for the issue with my lower back that quack told me was "caused by the problem with my hip and will go away after the surgery" but in actuality is NOT in my hip, but is in my sacroiliac joint. Oh, and I got forced to go sit and wait 4 hours when I broke my nose to be told they wouldn't do anything anyhow like I knew they wouldn't. (Boss still doesn't live that down.)
As far as eating, heart, any of that sort of thing, well....
The boss and the PCP both were getting on my case a few years ago because I'm over 40. So with 2 women on my case, I gave in and went for full blood work/checkup. She gets the results back and says "there's nothing wrong with you at all, everything looks great". I gave her an "I told you so" and don't go back. :ROFLMAO:

I'm too stupid to quit because my back or hip hurt, which they apparently can't fix it anyhow. I just finished dinner that was salisbury steak and gravy over 2 cups of salted rice. At 5'8 and 160lbs, I still wear a belt with my 29 inch waist jeans... so no obesity/eating problems. And no other issues besides normal aches or something stupid I did to make myself leak or smoke a bit.
So for me, there's really no point in going, and I'm very dedicated to not going unless they take me in on a gurney. 😜
Sounds very similar to me till I hit 50. I won't go the laundry list but just a little. Shoulder surgery where the surgeon told me it was time to retire. Had Social Security contact me about filing for disability. I asked why they called and said they were acting on a referral which no doubt was my surgeon. Told them..........................................well I told them I was still working. Shoulder is worse than pre-surgery. I just trudge on and do what I can. No sense going back if it isn't going to last. I know what your saying but some things you have to take care of I learned. When breathing gets near impossible and they think you were a heavy smoker most of your life but you never did smoke you do what you can to be able to breath so you can function. I hope it never gets to that point for you but it does for everyone at some point. No doubt chemicals I was exposed to where I worked up north in PA and plumbing glue and cleaner when in crawl spaces etc. We're all human....................

Sounds very similar to me till I hit 50. I won't go the laundry list but just a little. Shoulder surgery where the surgeon told me it was time to retire. Had Social Security contact me about filing for disability. I asked why they called and said they were acting on a referral which no doubt was my surgeon. Told them..........................................well I told them I was still working. Shoulder is worse than pre-surgery. I just trudge on and do what I can. No sense going back if it isn't going to last. I know what your saying but some things you have to take care of I learned. When breathing gets near impossible and they think you were a heavy smoker most of your life but you never did smoke you do what you can to be able to breath so you can function. I hope it never gets to that point for you but it does for everyone at some point. No doubt chemicals I was exposed to where I worked up north in PA and plumbing glue and cleaner when in crawl spaces etc. We're all human....................
Breathing could be somewhat important for a few things. :LOL:
I've been around and breathed in my fair share of chemicals, welding fumes, dusts, and different fibers over the years too, so I'm sure something is coming at some point. I'm holding out as long as I can though. I'm already telling people to be smarter than I was, and I'll regretfully go when I really need to. (But I still won't like it. :ROFLMAO:)

Breathing could be somewhat important for a few things. :LOL:
I've been around and breathed in my fair share of chemicals, welding fumes, dusts, and different fibers over the years too, so I'm sure something is coming at some point. I'm holding out as long as I can though. I'm already telling people to be smarter than I was, and I'll regretfully go when I really need to. (But I still won't like it. :ROFLMAO:)
I suspected it would come eventually too like you do but thought it'd be later. Take care and yep, I tell people to be smarter. We aren't as invincible as we think...........problem is. Guys like you and me.........................won't listen :ROFLMAO:

Put a fork in me I'm done. 2 o'clock and time for lunch.
IMG_20200109_133902421.jpg
Just finished an entire plaza a monthly customer owns. Radio Shack tenant moved out and I'm inside scraping decals etc off windows and cleaning them when a guy pulls up, gets out and comes to the store front rattling the locked door. He then proceeds to go to the window I'm cleaning and yell is Radio Shack gone !!!! Without a word I pivot with open arms like Vanna White displaying what he can see......
IMG_20200109_133846969.jpg
IMG_20200109_134233768.jpg

Back