The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What's in front of you?

**WARNING**
Some images may be disturbing to some viewers

While doing a Ranch Walkabout this morning we found this Big Boy. A Nice 6-foot Bull/Gopher Snake. @Spider . About 4 inches in Diameter. Heard a loud Squeal, which could only be a rabbit. Thinking a Bobcat made a kill, went over to see this...

07.24.2023.jpg

I think he was a bit optimistic in his ability to eat this guy. We thought the cotton tail was a dead, however when I got closer to the snake he released the rabbit and decided to check me out instead. after a minuted and when the "Bugs" bolted upright and hi-tailed it away with no signs of injury. I know some animals will do that. Exhale and hold until a chance to escape and that is what he did LOL.... Felt bad that I had ruined "Bull's" meal I led him toward another hole and he was rewarded with this

07.24.2023a.jpg
a packrat and bit more manageable than "Bugs"

Played around with him a bit more before letting him be.. A GREAT snake to have around. with their coloring, they are often mistaken for a Diamondback, and will hiss and shake their tails.... Umm you gots no rattles there "Bull" Hilarious. They are a great snake to have around. This beautiful Big Boy has been around the property for a few years. We think we say him some time ago. He patrols that a good area and keeps the critters at bay. We also have a few King Snakes on the property that keep the true rattlers at bay

A fun Morning... Enjoy
In the 1st clip look at his tail rattle, ROFL no sound heehee, Such a Tough Guy!​

Back