The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What's in front of you?

Yeah, he doesn’t have to clean off his driveway but he still hasn’t intellectually figured out how to sign up for a zoom call

Seems like Nostalgia is hitting hard this weekend. A bit of a back story. My father and Mother both worked at St. Mary’s Hospital. Which was located about 35 miles from my childhood home on the Eastside of Tucson, and about 50-60 miles from our current home. For special occasions, or their hospital holiday parties, we would come to a Mexican restaurant called Karichimaka (pool of clear water). I had not been there since 1976.

So we had to do some things way over on the Southwest part of town, and inquired if it was even still there. It was! The place has not changed a bit, and to be honest a few tears were shed, as a flood of memories of Dad, mom, and the “characters” from the Hospital that were our “hospital family”. It was special to share that with @AvocadoQueen as she has never been here

Anyway I look upon the cadre family as the same

Yes, sappy, but a good holiday gift

EA14BA42-455A-4010-A0CB-C9FA71E294A7.jpeg
6B9A0692-B6A2-4C20-B97E-9DA2927B4FD5.jpeg

I need to share my den with the spousal unit for a week over Christmas. Last time I removed all my brushes and most of my scents to make counter space. Not this year. Before:
3881EE39-F344-4CCE-A0C5-82F9EC71511B.jpeg

15C259DA-EBCE-4446-AE23-251C02680A61.jpeg

Seems like Nostalgia is hitting hard this weekend. A bit of a back story. My father and Mother both worked at St. Mary’s Hospital. Which was located about 35 miles from my childhood home on the Eastside of Tucson, and about 50-60 miles from our current home. For special occasions, or their hospital holiday parties, we would come to a Mexican restaurant called Karichimaka (pool of clear water). I had not been there since 1976.

So we had to do some things way over on the Southwest part of town, and inquired if it was even still there. It was! The place has not changed a bit, and to be honest a few tears were shed, as a flood of memories of Dad, mom, and the “characters” from the Hospital that were our “hospital family”. It was special to share that with @AvocadoQueen as she has never been here

Anyway I look upon the cadre family as the same

Yes, sappy, but a good holiday gift

View attachment 100768
View attachment 100769
20533_Standing2.jpg

Back