The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What's growing?

Today's haul

Lonely cherry tomato
Spaghetti squash
Zuchinni
Yellow squash
Cucumber
Banana peppers

IMG_20190819_162320542.jpg

And a sneak peak at Connor's giant pumpkin
IMG_20190819_162117700.jpg

Nice pumpkin! We only have flowers still and I think we will not get any edible squash this year.

Now, tomatoes on the other hand!.....

German Striped heirlooms (have not gotten to eat one yet)...
1566257171277.png

and for scale...
1566257263619.png

And we have a mutant of unknown origin that sprang up from last year's cast-offs....
No, not the little one above my fingers, the single one on the right, which includes what looks like another tomato below it, but its the same one!
1566257386219.png

I’ve been eating a ton more veggies these days and really wish I had a garden to get them from. Squash and peppers from the garden would be a major improvement over the imposters I’ve had so far.

I’ll pass on the mutant tomatoes though. I do like fresh beefsteak tomatoes but i’m Not crazy about most other kinds. ....corn, oh how I’d love some corn

Nice pumpkin! We only have flowers still and I think we will not get any edible squash this year.

Now, tomatoes on the other hand!.....

German Striped heirlooms (have not gotten to eat one yet)...
View attachment 7689

and for scale...
View attachment 7690

And we have a mutant of unknown origin that sprang up from last year's cast-offs....
No, not the little one above my fingers, the single one on the right, which includes what looks like another tomato below it, but its the same one!
View attachment 7691
It looks like a brain!

Back