The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What's growing?

CVargo

“Ya… Chris, Dave, It really is my fault"
Owner
Legacy
I don't recall seeing a garden thread so here we go.

IMG_20190702_171009527_HDR.jpg

We have some jalapenos and banana peppers making a presence already
IMG_20190702_171130707_HDR.jpgIMG_20190702_171035669_HDR.jpgIMG_20190702_171028817_HDR.jpg

Tomato's, tomatillos, spaghetti squash, acorn, zuchinni, and yellow squash are all flowering like crazy

I’ll have to get some more current pics, but I currently have 2 beds going. Beefesteak tomatoes (these are the blend that are known as Jersey tonatoes), cherry tomatoes, and snap peas on one side. Red, green, and yellow peppers along with green beans and cucumbers on the other side.

We will be starting something experimental next week. My wife ordered a couple Smart Garden 9s. They are an indoor growing system with built in lighting and a "smart" watering system. that you just keep a reservoir filled. We are going to start with what they come with(Basil, green lettuce, and mini tomatoes) plus some packs of cilantro, purple chilies, mint and strawberries. I will get pics once we have them in and set up.

Once we get a feel for it they have pods that let you use your own seeds so will be trying those at some point too.

We will be starting something experimental next week. My wife ordered a couple Smart Garden 9s. They are an indoor growing system with built in lighting and a "smart" watering system. that you just keep a reservoir filled. We are going to start with what they come with(Basil, green lettuce, and mini tomatoes) plus some packs of cilantro, purple chilies, mint and strawberries. I will get pics once we have them in and set up.

Once we get a feel for it they have pods that let you use your own seeds so will be trying those at some point too.

Uh oh! We’ve all seen how that movie ends!

Weeds..... that's what's growing in my garden. No joke, waist to head high weeds have taken over my entire garden. It's a complete goner. I need to do somehting different next year.

Weeds..... that's what's growing in my garden. No joke, waist to head high weeds have taken over my entire garden. It's a complete goner. I need to do somehting different next year.
That's a bummer. does anything have enough growth to try to transplant into a large pot or something?

That’s too bad KJ. I know you were looking forward to growing your own OC source this year.

Man, you put sooo much work into t. What happened? Lost interest or just too busy to keep up with it?

I am so jealous of you guys and your gardens. The wife and I didn't do anything this year. I know there is always time...but we pretty much gave up on the idea for this year. I have to make new harden boxes anyway. I am thinking of doing cinder blocks or the likes instead of wooden raised beds that I have to replace every other year.

Man, you put sooo much work into t. What happened? Lost interest or just too busy to keep up with it?
The weeds just took over. They grew so fast and so dense it was impossible to keep up with. I used straw and grass clippings last year to keep the weeds at bay, and I think I introduced a lot of weed seed into my garden.

The weeds just took over. They grew so fast and so dense it was impossible to keep up with. I used straw and grass clippings last year to keep the weeds at bay, and I think I introduced a lot of weed seed into my garden.
Gotcha, it's a shame after the hard work you put in.

The straw was probably a good idea. I have heard of people using grass clippings, but I never really understood that idea. Whenever I pile grass clippings somewhere..that place is a like a weed haven!

Yeah...it sucks about the garden. You can always try again later this summer for the fall crops or next year!

Back