The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What's blasting in your headphones?

Stanley Turrentine - "Impressions"

This is a fantastic, relaxed, and swingin' rendition of John Coltrane's composition "Impressions"!
The addition of the organ, congas, Freddie Hubbard's trumpet, and George Benson's guitar REALLY make this session amazing!

...And Ron Carter is no slouch on the bass, is he @MarkB ???

Composer: J. Coltrane
Tenor Sax: Stanley Turrentine
Trumpet: Freddie Hubbard
Guitar: George Benson
Bass: Ron Carter
Drums: Billy Kaye
Congas: Richard "Pablo" Landrum
Piano: Jr. Lonnie L. Smith
Organ: Butch Cornell

Was going to go with some big band Jazz - which I really dig - and you can never go wrong with.......but then I decided I needed to crank this one up to 11 and really get motivated. So from my Fight Gone Bad mix........started out with Mozart on Steriods....Mo Who? Zart! (Guess the Movie)

I noticed that the songs I've added to this thread have all been from bands I've seen live (the Outfield and Depeche Mode). So I'm going to continue that theme and stick to music from bands I've actually seen live.

This was the very first live act I ever saw. Stevie was opening for Huey Lewis and the News during the Sports tour and this was how Stevie started the show. Imagine 14 year old me sitting there with his hair blown straight back by this awesomeness....

from bands I've seen live
I went through a phase in college that I was scared to see a band live- I saw Stevie Ray Vaughan - he died, then the Grateful Dead - I believe it was their keyboardist that died - my next concert was 10,000 Maniacs - I was scared to go to that concert!

I went through a phase in college that I was scared to see a band live- I saw Stevie Ray Vaughan - he died, then the Grateful Dead - I believe it was their keyboardist that died - my next concert was 10,000 Maniacs - I was scared to go to that concert!

Everyone dies....eventually. Or did they die within days of you seeing them?

Back