The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What's blasting in your headphones?

I'm impressed!!!! That was great.

Yesterday I spent 4 hours driving to my daughters graduation, 45 minutes waiting to get out of the parking garage, an hour driving around Pittsburgh trying to find a way out because of roads flooding, and then 4 hours getting home...... So there was a LOT of different things on but I was too frustrated through half of it to even notice what it was.....

I'm impressed!!!! That was great.

Yesterday I spent 4 hours driving to my daughters graduation, 45 minutes waiting to get out of the parking garage, an hour driving around Pittsburgh trying to find a way out because of roads flooding, and then 4 hours getting home...... So there was a LOT of different things on but I was too frustrated through half of it to even notice what it was.....

Yikes! Sorry that happened. I dread driving long distance. Anything longer than a couple hours wipes me out physically.

Yikes! Sorry that happened. I dread driving long distance. Anything longer than a couple hours wipes me out physically.

The drive normally isn't bad, but I really want to find the person that set it up and smack them in the head. It was scheduled for 6pm on a Monday night in downtown Pittsburgh. What the heck were they thinking!?!?!?! I didn't even get home until almost 2 this morning.

But she is done with this stage of school, and her and one of her roommates got an apartment together. She is supposed to be going on for some further schooling so it was still a pretty proud day overall.

That Motorhead version of Heros is probably one of the better ones I have heard!

Yup...got Belly in my head...loves this song! So much 90s goodness right here. Not sure if it is a good thing or if I should be embarrassed.

Great selection Don!

I’ve been on a 40s/50s kick for the last day.

Folks like:

I love re-visiting music from my youth. There are albums out there that I used to listen to over and over, for days or weeks at a time. Constantly flipping the cassette over and over. Once CDs took over, some of these I did not purchase again, and have been somewhat forgotten. This is one of those.

I had 3 albums from Information Society. A definite favorite of mine. A good mix of early electronic music, and excellent songwriting. They had a wide range of music, from techno to pop to ballads. This song is not my favorite, by far, but it’s the song that most everyone will recognize.

Not sure what made me think of them, but been listening to them solely for the last week.

https://youtu.be/ijAYN9zVnwg

What's a cassette?
1f609.png

Back