The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What's blasting in your headphones?

I haven't heard The Bangles in forever haha. I do listen to Zeppelin fairly frequently though. Beach Boys and Beatles I never really got into. I absolutely respect what they've done and I don't hate them, just wasn't really something that I couldn't do without.

oh, that's just what has been playing recently. With 61 hours of music loaded, there's a little of everything. My favorites from the mix are Steely Dan, Van Morrison (Moondance Album), Elton John (Yellow Brick Road in particular), Crosby Stills Nash and Young, Billy Joel, Zeppelin, and the plethora of one-hit wonders from the 80's. I enjoy a little bit of everything, and I do enjoy the Beatles later albums...the early stuff like Frankie Vallie, Chubby Checker, Beach Boys, early Elvis, etc...are thrown in there for some good nostalgia since that's what my grandmother used to listen to when I was growing up.

oh, that's just what has been playing recently. With 61 hours of music loaded, there's a little of everything. My favorites from the mix are Steely Dan, Van Morrison (Moondance Album), Elton John (Yellow Brick Road in particular), Crosby Stills Nash and Young, Billy Joel, Zeppelin, and the plethora of one-hit wonders from the 80's. I enjoy a little bit of everything, and I do enjoy the Beatles later albums...the early stuff like Frankie Vallie, Chubby Checker, Beach Boys, early Elvis, etc...are thrown in there for some good nostalgia since that's what my grandmother used to listen to when I was growing up.

Definitely some good stuff there Josh! Elton is another one of those love/hate musicians for me. The man has an absolutely phenomenal voice, and the songs I like are great. But I can't find a middle ground with the rest. I either turn it up or turn the station. 80's had a LOT of one hit wonders, but there were some really good ones in there.

Today, the main songs are from these guys:

That's some great stuff there Chris! I'm going to have to check into them more.

I had mostly Five Finger Death Punch and In This Moment playing in the shop today. Blacksmith shop, it's gotta be heavy metal right?
1f61c.png

Love it! Watching the video and I see three cute innocent girls playing Metallica. The lead furrows her eyes and gets real mean looking and starts to sing! I love this!

Back