The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What's blasting in your headphones?

I like that song Dave. I've never seen the video before, but I have liked the song for a while.

Let me at your radio, I could play some stuff that would curl your hipster goatee.
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

You are all introducing me to some new music. But as weird as it sounds the Man in Black is what gets me ready in the morning. I love me some Johnny Cash and today this song came over the radio.

And that made me listen to this.... possibly the best NIN song ever.

I listen to this just for the one line Maynard sings by himself. What a voice.

KJ my understanding is that Trent Reznor (NIN) was the original writer of the song Hurt, and when Cash approached and asked if he could cover it Reznor felt that it would seem weird, but allowed. After he heard it and watched the song video, he stated that the song was now Cash's he did it better than him.

The words to that song are just incredible and it perfectly orchestrated Cash's last days (my opinion) While the NIN rendition is still very good my opinion is that Cash did it better.

KJ my understanding is that Trent Reznor (NIN) was the original writer of the song Hurt, and when Cash approached and asked if he could cover it Reznor felt that it would seem weird, but allowed. After he heard it and watched the song video, he stated that the song was now Cash's he did it better than him.

The words to that song are just incredible and it perfectly orchestrated Cash's last days (my opinion) While the NIN rendition is still very good my opinion is that Cash did it better.

I had not heard that before. I can see Trent saying something like that. I totally agree that it was a perfect fit for Cash to sing it, and fitting for him to so it near his end. I'm just a HUGE NIN fan, so there's no topping the original for me.

I had not heard that before. I can see Trent saying something like that. I totally agree that it was a perfect fit for Cash to sing it, and fitting for him to so it near his end. I'm just a HUGE NIN fan, so there's no topping the original for me.

I can't argue with that. While not a fan of NIN I do respect their music and there are quite a few songs I thoroughly enjoy.

I've been a metal head for a long time. While I understand it's not for everyone, and there are some extremes that even make me scratch my head and wonder, I'm really happy to see some of the responses to this thread. There are a lot of really talented and diverse musicians on the metal scene, and often get categorized just because they are in the "metal" genre. It's nice to see people can appreciate them for their talents even if it's not really for them.

KJ, I'm a fan of both versions, but I have heard the same thing that Chad mentioned about JC covering Hurt.

Back