The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What ya eatin?

Not at all healthy, but quick and easy........ Plus I am healing....... Yes that is my story and am sticking to it!

Yeungling Hersheys Chocolate Porter (2)
Bar S Hot dogs ( yes the pork and chicken lip type)
Brioche hotdog buns to class it up a litte
Mustard Only
Summer Slaw
Macaroni Salad
White Cheddar/Jalapeno crunchy Cheetos

...... Tummy ache after..... Priceless LOL

HD'S.jpg

Not at all healthy, but quick and easy........ Plus I am healing....... Yes that is my story and am sticking to it!

Yeungling Hersheys Chocolate Porter (2)
Bar S Hot dogs ( yes the pork and chicken lip type)
Brioche hotdog buns to class it up a litte
Mustard Only
Summer Slaw
Macaroni Salad
White Cheddar/Jalapeno crunchy Cheetos

...... Tummy ache after..... Priceless LOL

View attachment 55994
Have you tried the armour hotdogs? Pretty good considering they can even be gotten at dollar general

Have you tried the armour hotdogs? Pretty good considering they can even be gotten at dollar general
My son's name is Nathan and he can now read his name, any guesses what brand hotdogs and pickles we now eat... The kid has expensive taste, but its pretty good. I'll have to try the armour hotdogs

Armour hot dogs were sold in our local grocery stores and the ones with the girl on it were the only ones my father used to eat but we haven't been able to find them @the grocery store we used to get them at but discovered they were available in dollar general. They are not the byproducts type hot dogs.. We prefer the type NOT made with byproducts. There are several different pictures on the packages but the ones we got had / have a picture of a girl on the package...

@Luecke3262
Armour was founded in Chicago, in 1867, by the Armour brothers led by Philip Danforth Armour. By 1880, the company had become Chicago's most important business and had helped make Chicago and its Union Stock Yards the center of America's meatpacking industry. During the same period, its facility in Omaha, Nebraska, boomed, making the city's meatpacking industry the largest in the nation by 1959.
In connection with its meatpacking operations, the company also ventured into pharmaceuticals (Armour Pharmaceuticals) and soap manufacturing, introducing Dial soap in 1948. Presently, the Armour food brands are split between refrigerated meat (Armour, owned by Smithfield Foods) and canned shelf-stable meat products (Armour Star, owned by ConAgra Brands). The Armour pharmaceutical brand is owned by Forest Laboratories. Dial soap is now owned by Henkel.

@Luecke3262
Armour was founded in Chicago, in 1867, by the Armour brothers led by Philip Danforth Armour. By 1880, the company had become Chicago's most important business and had helped make Chicago and its Union Stock Yards the center of America's meatpacking industry. During the same period, its facility in Omaha, Nebraska, boomed, making the city's meatpacking industry the largest in the nation by 1959.
In connection with its meatpacking operations, the company also ventured into pharmaceuticals (Armour Pharmaceuticals) and soap manufacturing, introducing Dial soap in 1948. Presently, the Armour food brands are split between refrigerated meat (Armour, owned by Smithfield Foods) and canned shelf-stable meat products (Armour Star, owned by ConAgra Brands). The Armour pharmaceutical brand is owned by Forest Laboratories. Dial soap is now owned by Henkel.
That's pretty interesting that Dial came from them! It feels like a 6 degrees of Kevin bacon type of thing. History of these old companies is always so cool!

That's pretty interesting that Dial came from them! It feels like a 6 degrees of Kevin bacon type of thing. History of these old companies is always so cool!
Yeah its interesting the things some of these old companies came up with. Until I posted that I didn't know dial soap came from them but I guess its inevitable that a meat packing company would use some of the other parts like the fats back then for soaps.. Pretty smart actually if you think about it with 1 less waste product.

An early dinner today, takeout Chicken Pad Thai with rice and 'Crab Delight' (pot sticker things with crab-cream cheese inside). Then later, with our DVD movie from the library, we'll skip right to the vanilla ice cream-caramel sauce-cashews treat.
XRyd84h.jpg

Back