The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What is New to You...... SPEAKEASY EDITION

1474016065-simpsons-grandpa.gif

Yesterday was delivery day at the local liquor store and a little birdie told me they got some Knob Creek 12, and finally put the Woodford Derby bottle on the shelf.

20230510_090506.jpg

The Woodford Derby bottle is just regular Woodford with a neat label. My grandfather loved horse racing and always took me to the track. He actually was at the derby when Secretariat won. So seeing as the bottle is homage to Secretariat I had to get it.

The Knob 12 is fantastic bourbon and my current bottle is at a quarter. Happy to have a back up.

The sweet tea thing is for Megan. There used to be a brand of Sweet Tea vodka that she loved and they discontinued it about 3 years ago. So the price was right so picked it up for her.

The Proper 12 apple was purchased because I'm a sucker for refreshing summer drinks when it's hot outside. A lot of reviews are saying it's great with sprite or lemonade. So figured what the hell.

Jack Daniel's this year partnered with Coca cola to release literally a jack and coke. This is not the Jack cola sugar concoction of years past. This is supposed to be just canned Jack and coke at the ratio they recommend. Since the liquor store allows to but single cans I figured I'd try it.

The PBR is because I've never seen this version before and PBR holds a soft spot in my heart.

Last edited:
Back