The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What is New to You...... SPEAKEASY EDITION

The Danger household is stocking up!
It's that time of year. Over the next week, I expect friends to stop over. I wouldn't say that I have an extensive bar. But I like to always have two or three really good whiskeys on hand. I also like to have at least a vodka and rum sometimes a gin. This season I have a couple specialty drinks as well as a couple average to above average spirits. We have about 20 bottles of wine also, as well as some beer (craft and regular). So if someone comes over and wants a drink, they should be able to find something they like.

Oddly enough...I sometimes go weeks without even thinking about having a drink. It's odd too considering that my father is an alcoholic and my mother used to drink heavily.

Lately I have really been wanting cocktails. In the form of Manhattans and Old Fashions. I need to get some absinthe (or what they pass for absinthe these days) so I can make a Sazerac cocktail as well.
Careful that's how they ask for baby two!

Redbreast is delicious!
It's possible, but only for about a month or so. ;)

But yeah...Redbreast is delicious! I have had the opportunity to have the 12 year, 15 year, and the 21 year. I have to tell you...the 12 year is so much the better value. The 15 is still really good...but not so much better that the 12 i am willing to shell out $120. The 21 year is REALLY yummy! Like pouring liquid caramel down your throat...but it's like $350 a bottle. I am not likely to buy that bottle anytime soon. But Redbreast 12 is one of my favorites!

Anyone saw these yet? A new crime label wines ..
View attachment 71126
Oh yes. They used to have large displays of them at grocery stores here. I dunno if you still can. Used to be you could go to the website and get two custom printed labels of a photo you upload. Took forever to get, but funny gift for friends of ours.

It is the only bottle other than Highland 12 I could find, and had to drive to the other part or town, around the mountain to get it, and it was the only one LOL. I may have to order Viking Heat online, as most of the Stores only carry the Highland 12, but with what I have researched it shares many of the same notes, a bit more peaty, and more of a anise note, going to try it tonight...

Back