The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What is New to You...... SPEAKEASY EDITION

No worries Bill…JW Black is about my speed too, cost wise 😎👍
I’m kinda at a “much mo moolah, don’t mean much mo bettah” stage.

When I was in the commercial printing ink business, mistakes and rejects fell into a category known as ‘work-off’, which was material blended into virgin salable goods at ‘pee in the ocean’ volumes for a cost recoupe.

Shall we say I worked-off what was left of a few bottles of pricey Scotch that I lacked the refinement to enjoy……into Manhattans.

True story. Wasn’t much of a drinker until my wife corrupted me with wine, but one bottle of Cab isn’t enough to be too much.
Wow! I feel like a really bad person i have lost count in hangovers and a tattoo or two that are related to said hangovers, including some time loss😕

Shmiiiittt, I ain’t neva drunk enough to get a tattoo.

Oh, okay… I did get into trouble I regret once!… or twice!…. or, ah fuggetabboutit!

Shmiiiittt, I ain’t neva drunk enough to get a tattoo.

Oh, okay… I did get into trouble I regret once!… or twice!…. or, ah fuggetabboutit!
It was in the Philippines while in the service, after a particularly interesting mission

We… who never had the benefits of some of those experiences that military service provides, thank those who pressed forward through them.
🇺🇸

I might be dry for Advent but still buying.

Awesome Old Forester Gift set
IMG_20211201_124358448.jpg

The newest version of Bookers
IMG_20211204_220052533_HDR.jpg

And this is a Whiskey maker in Northern Utah they use MGP in this so figured I'd try it
IMG_20211204_220106174_HDR.jpg

Been keeping an eye out at the local grocery stores for Christmas/gift sets that usually come out during the holidays…fairly disappointing selection so far, if they’ve had anything at all 😵

I’m afraid to try the local liquor shops…the mark ups are crazy here.

You not buying and driving the liquor stores out of business just wouldn’t be in the spirit.
I'm buying, not drinking though right now lol. On the way to get Megan's medications after her surgery today we had a couple items hit stores. So got another bottle of Buffalo Trace and Woodford Double Oak

Alright all you crazy Dave's why haven't I seen either of you pick this up yet?

Lagavulin 12 Year Old Diageo Special Release 2021 | The Whisky Shop

Or maybe even this?

Tasting Notes: Diageo Special Releases 2021 - Legends Untold

Attachments

• 1638997266930.jpeg
    1638997266930.jpeg
    7.7 KB · Views: 2
Because in a blind tasting I preferred less expensive Lagavulin

Back