The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What is New to You...... SPEAKEASY EDITION

As much as you folks seem to like this one, methinks at $200, it will not be a purchase for me.
1632088251353.png

Which is good, as it doesn't start with GLEN, so I probably would not like it ..... right, @NurseDave ? ;)

@BarberDave influenced purchase View attachment 61270

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes! The Dalmore syndicate is working LOL be interested in your thoughts hope you

As much as you folks seem to like this one, methinks at $200, it will not be a purchase for me.
View attachment 61275

Which is good, as it doesn't start with GLEN, so I probably would not like it ..... right, @NurseDave ? ;)
Still worth it , and you would like it
Canada sucks. Well okay, buying alcohol in Canada sucks.
Like Canada, not like Canada prices

View attachment 61275

Oh Sam speaks truth…many a bottle has been recommended by our Southern Friends only to be met with WTF does that cost?! So we plan and plot duty free purchases…
Canada sucks. Well okay, buying alcohol in Canada sucks.
Yeah, well we have “beaver tail” on a cold winter’s night skate on the canal with a flask of high test rye in the back pocket…and poutine, nuff said. 😂

Last edited:
Hey @CVargo I see that High West ships direct to CA. I don’t suppose the Midwinter’s hits their website though?

Hey @CVargo I see that High West ships direct to CA. I don’t suppose the Midwinter’s hits their website though?
Honestly I'm not sure. Because Utah laws I can't even order online even if the distillery is in Utah. But I've heard rumors that this year's might be Utah only. I'm planning on getting about 2-4 bottles.

Denali.
d005451e264791b1c8972297f322d5c5.jpg

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

I so wish that I could get my hands on Early TImes BIB.
Yeah, I went hunting across the boarder (into NY State) today. Found some stuff I can't get in PA. I found some Eagle Rare and a bottle of EH Taylor but all were overpriced. The old Forester and Early Times bottled and bond are both ones I can't get locally so I picked them up to try.

Back