The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

51MXVkr4euL._SX355_.jpg

How is it? I've heard Amouage frags described as "opulent". Never tried sny but I'd like to one day.

Pardon my delay. Just got home a couple hours ago.

Yes, they are "opulent" & "majestic" and some even say it's a house for "royalty", I wouldn't go that far as to consider it a scent for King's but, it is what it is. The scent blends are of superb quality with a present mix of the middle east with some nuances from us westerners. Of those that I've sampled (Epic, Interlude, Memoir and Journey) the predominant theme seems to be heavy on incense, black/pink pepper, cardamom and other deep and rich spices.

Journey is an excellent creation that unfortunately on my skin only lasts about 6-7 hours at most. It's spicy, leathery and rounded out to a delicious cardamom like vibe. Very rich with a big peppery blast on initial spray but, once that initial pepper explosion settles, it's pure magic.

I would tell you and anyone else that is considering this Niche Perfume House of Amouage to NOT BLIND BUY. Sample them first or purchase decants in small volume. Amouage is not cheap. I've only purchased 2 full bottles of Lyric Man & Beloved Man and both are superb for me. Jubilation and Myths Man are next on my hit list....

Hope this helps.....

Pardon my delay. Just got home a couple hours ago.

Yes, they are "opulent" & "majestic" and some even say it's a house for "royalty", I wouldn't go that far as to consider it a scent for King's but, it is what it is. The scent blends are of superb quality with a present mix of the middle east with some nuances from us westerners. Of those that I've sampled (Epic, Interlude, Memoir and Journey) the predominant theme seems to be heavy on incense, black/pink pepper, cardamom and other deep and rich spices.

Journey is an excellent creation that unfortunately on my skin only lasts about 6-7 hours at most. It's spicy, leathery and rounded out to a delicious cardamom like vibe. Very rich with a big peppery blast on initial spray but, once that initial pepper explosion settles, it's pure magic.

I would tell you and anyone else that is considering this Niche Perfume House of Amouage to NOT BLIND BUY. Sample them first or purchase decants in small volume. Amouage is not cheap. I've only purchased 2 full bottles of Lyric Man & Beloved Man and both are superb for me. Jubilation and Myths Man are next on my hit list....

Hope this helps.....
Helped immensely! Thanks you!

Back