The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Maria Candida Gentile - Gentile
A new king is born, this is my current favorite, Basil and saddle soap done to just my taste. All the elements of an old school herbal, but manages to feel modern and vibrant.
When going though the sample set I knew this was for me, and when I got the bottle I was disappointed at first, the basil in the opening didn't pop, and the aromatic saddle soap didn't radiate. I guess the bottle just needed a bit of time to open up, as now it's firing on all cylinders, and marvelous!
I know people say fragrances don't change/macerate/aerate after you buy them, but I've had it happen too many times now. Sometimes a fragrance just needs a bit of time.

R0000004.jpg

Last edited:
Arguably the best take on a Colonia scent that I've experienced from wet shave artisan makers. Truly a wonderful and natural smelling creation. Only Acqua Di Parma stands ever so slightly ahead (well for me at least). (y)
Agreed!

Pierre Guillaume - L'Eau Guerriere
Juniper bushes, incense burning in the background, a bright sunny day relaxing in the backyard garden. This is really lovely and unique.

PG has really become a favorite house of mine, lots of greens, classic references, without feeling dated; unique but not of putting. And an absolutely insane selection, seriously something for any taste. I don't know how the guy does it tbh. Especially considering how under hyped the house is. I doubt many here have even heard of it.

R0000244.jpg

Still working on learning how to use the new camera, it's meant to be a street photography camera, and though it has a great lens, the viewfinder is a bit pants for these kinds of photos. Still really happy to have it, living in a place like I do, coming from So Cal the land of stucco, cookie cutter homes, I always find things I want to photograph on the streets. I get tired of the city for sure, but not the architecture, or unusual characters I see around.

Last edited:
Back