The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Penhaligon's English Fern (vintage)
Te6wgp5.jpg

Parfum d'Empire - Wazamba
Hum, beautiful opening of gorgeous sweet incense, but then a few minutes later, I'm getting apple sauce, it's like eating apple sauce in church.
There's been a lightness to the fragrances from the house, even if they should be heavy. For example Fougere Bengale is a heavy dark brown fougere, but then there's the lightest brightest mint, that really makes the fragrance special.
I can only imagine the red apple accord is there to do the same thing, but I guess I just don't like apple in fragrance. Let's see where it goes from here though.

Edit: Well only a few minutes have passed (you can tell because I can still edit) and the apple has blended back into the mix, and it's great now. Who knows what's coming next....

Yesterday I tried Iskander from the same house, and it's a must buy, very special long lasting aromatic citrus, wonderful fizzy bright opening, to die for. It lasts forever as a woody base comes in. I think folks living in hot climates might really go for this as well. (Thinking of @MarkB in particular.)

View attachment 65888

Now to me - this sounds like it rocks!
It just needs a priest in front waving censer in front to bless the apples.
I'm actually turning on this, and really liking it.

I never know what you guys in the States have access to, but this is yet another really interesting house, that I'm sure I'll own more than one bottle from. Already trying to decide which is going on my Christmas list.

Parfum d'Empire - Wazamba
Hum, beautiful opening of gorgeous sweet incense, but then a few minutes later, I'm getting apple sauce, it's like eating apple sauce in church.
There's been a lightness to the fragrances from the house, even if they should be heavy. For example Fougere Bengale is a heavy dark brown fougere, but then there's the lightest brightest mint, that really makes the fragrance special.
I can only imagine the red apple accord is there to do the same thing, but I guess I just don't like apple in fragrance. Let's see where it goes from here though.

Edit: Well only a few minutes have passed (you can tell because I can still edit) and the apple has blended back into the mix, and it's great now. Who knows what's coming next....

Yesterday I tried Iskander from the same house, and it's a must buy, very special long lasting aromatic citrus, wonderful fizzy bright opening, to die for. It lasts forever as a woody base comes in. I think folks living in hot climates might really go for this as well. (Thinking of @MarkB in particular.)
Gotta check it out! Thanks!

Back