The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Need the deets! Sounds perfectly fall !
Woods (cedar heavy), spicy, an earthy note from the musk and sweet, resinous notes (opoponax, myrrh, oud). I love this frag. Perfect match to the BDLM soap and splash. They're both based on Amouage Jubilation XXV. I highly recommend them both. EdP strength so it will last a while. This is one of those frags where you'll be enveloped by it. I've received many compliments from it and bonus, the wife like it too!

Penhaligon's English Fern
WLtifMC.jpg

Lorenzo Villoresi - Uomo
Cologne opening, mossy dry down, not too strong. Going to need to get this when my sample runs out. A perfect cologne that lasts all day.

Nicolai - Bois Belize
I love woods of all kinds, but have been wanting a 'dark' woody fragrance. This is a guaiac wood monster, with some twists in the opening. The opening is quite floral, and I almost thought that I'd be giving the rest of the sample to Helena, but it rapidly shifted to bring the wood in. Opening Osmanthus, then Rose and Tea come in, the rose fades and Guaiac Wood starts dominating, musks pop in and out.

The overall impression is the smell of walking in to a good perfume shop, or the smell of a test strip after it's been sitting a bit. I really like it personally. Squarely unisex in the best way, makes a man smell manly and a woman womanly.

Strength and silage are massive, one spray from the sample bottle is filling the room.

This is my 2nd test from the house New York Intense being the first, and there is no doubt, these are top tier fragrances. With 30ml bottle on offer, they are also within reach for most here.

Back