The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Interesting. I have the standard euphoria. Haven't seen the amber gold.

Darker than the standard version. More sensual with a deep and refined masculine touch. Initial blast has a citrusy opening that is gone in a few minutes. The Leather, Amber, Inscense and a Honey like infusion stays with you practically throughout the whole drydown. Towards the end you get more of a quality inscense and clean vetiver mix while maintaining some of the earlier semi-sweetness kissing the olfactory senses. I think it's their best release in over 20 years, bordering on niche quality. Yeah, I bought 2 bottles before it goes through a reformulation. Trust me, knowing CK it's coming...

5ml. Decant. Very interesting scent that needs to develop as it wears. Chrysanthemum & Orris are at the start of this juice that is sharp to the nose. It’s a blast that lingers for some time but, a slight rum, vetiver and rose accord appears. Still has a somewhat bright complexity but, the composition starts to round out very nicely. Leather and somewhat of an ashy vibe that actually gets very smooth and surprisingly becomes an inticing scent attractor. The vetiver is still there that keeps it clean, so is the leather and just a touch of brightness, not dark at all to me. Definitely more wearings to see if it’s full bottle worthy.....

DA303889-40CD-4FE7-A798-4195F0F96591.jpeg

Back