The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

I don't think there's a frag out there that changes more from application to dry-down than this classic! Love it, especially once it settles.
It certainly does change. It is often derided as a drug store cheapie, but in my book it's a classic that always works.

Pretty cool that you can pull that off @Brew .

Every time I read a Guerlain review I think it's going to be something I love, I want to love them, but when I try it in shop I'm always feeling meh. Maybe I need to try it on skin.
I'll have to keep an eye out for Shalimar and test it with myself in mind, and not my mother.

I'm totally fixated on Histories de Parfums - Ambre 114 right now.
Maybe there is something to this seasonal fragrance thing, in the summer when I first tried it, it was ok, but the Amber was too heavy. Now, in the cold and damp, it's just perfect and a delight that I can't get enough of.

Pretty cool that you can pull that off @Brew .

Every time I read a Guerlain review I think it's going to be something I love, I want to love them, but when I try it in shop I'm always feeling meh. Maybe I need to try it on skin.
I'll have to keep an eye out for Shalimar and test it with myself in mind, and not my mother.
Jury is still out, @HMan. Jicky is my favorite western fragrance. I thought Shalimar might be doable too. It is a bit more of a stretch, as I am insufficiently elegant for such a beautiful fragrance. This is a bit like, "lipstick on a pig"! But it is gorgeous, and keeps getting more so through the dry-down. Recommended! [. . . if you work from home and your family will be out for a bit]

Jury is still out, @HMan. Jicky is my favorite western fragrance. I thought Shalimar might be doable too. It is a bit more of a stretch, as I am insufficiently elegant for such a beautiful fragrance. This is a bit like, "lipstick on a pig"! But it is gorgeous, and keeps getting more so through the dry-down. Recommended! [. . . if you work from home and your family will be out for a bit]
I thought the name and packaging looked like unisex was a stretch 😂

Back