The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Art of Shaving Sandalwood & Cypress
YjPRDne.jpg

Histoires de Parfums - 1828 (Jules Verne)
An aromatic citrus, the eucalyptus really makes this fizz with a wonderful aromatic quality. HdP really does nice aromatics. Tangerine and grapefruit keep the citrus from being sweet but it's still very cheerful, while the vetiver adds a touch of class. This perfume is like a polo shirt, just classy enough, but still ready to get after it.
I don't know why I don't wear it more, I'll get a full bottle when the 15 ml travel size is empty.

@HMan haven't forgotten about the PdN patchouli frag comparison for you. I couldn't find my bottle of Patchouli Homme. Found it last night. 🤪

Histoires de Parfums - 1725 (Casanova)
Nice aromatic fougere. I've seen fougeres classified in different ways, this would be a dandified fougere. There's no coumarin creaminess here, no greens, rather a dry but bright anise and citrus laced aromatic, with a dry down verging on powdery, but always dry.

Last edited:
Back