The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

Ralph Lauren Safari
8DSR6PP.jpg

Histories de Parfums - 1969

Peach, patchouli, chocolate, a nice but maybe slightly too sweet fragrance. My wife loves it on me, so that's always a win. I find this, 1899, and Ambre 114 all share a lot of similar DNA, overall I like 1899 the best, the opening on that one is magnificent.

Histories de Parfums - 1969

Peach, patchouli, chocolate, a nice but maybe slightly too sweet fragrance. My wife loves it on me, so that's always a win. I find this, 1899, and Ambre 114 all share a lot of similar DNA, overall I like 1899 the best, the opening on that one is magnificent.
1899 is outstanding. The CLub's The Novelist shave soap was based off of that frag.

With Brut?! Cole...what were you thinking?! 😮 😂
View attachment 48732
lol, actually many hours later, that last little bit of Brut just helped amp the opening a touch, trust me, it was good!

I did actually put them on close together once, and you're right, it's a big mistake.

I don't know if any of you vintage frag owners have had this, but I notice every wearing of Rive Gauche gets better. When I first got it, it was borderline off a little, but now the top seems to be opening up. I've heard, but not sure it's true, that an unopened older frag needs to get some air on it somehow.

Back