The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Fragrance Did You Use Today?

A "Parfums Corp" bottle from 1992:

QYN4DKp.jpg

IMG_20200808_165531_856.jpg
Cheap. Pleasant. No staying power. I took a second shower using this stuff and it still is light and almost imperceptible. It only ran me like $8 or so, but I wish it were a little more potent. I really like how this one smells. Disappointment.

View attachment 32068
Cheap. Pleasant. No staying power. I took a second shower using this stuff and it still is light and almost imperceptible. It only ran me like $8 or so, but I wish it were a little more potent. I really like how this one smells. Disappointment.

If I may make a suggestion, Tommy Bahama makes some decent aquatic/blue fragrances and there are two that are actually better than average in both performance and scent profile. One is St. Kitts & the other St. Barts. St. Kitts has a nice lime, mandarin and star fruit top notes with a very smooth cedar, sea salt mid and a mellow musk/ambergris dry down. St. Barts has a slight similar vibe but, goes in a different direction with almost an agave, tequila with sea salt top & mid while also sprinkling in some coconut nuances in the background. Not to prominent but, more in a supportive demeanour. A few hours in you get a real nice and mellow green, musk and light vanilla drydown that is quite alluring and very pleasant. Are they a bit synthetic? Yes but, not overly so and I can guarantee you that they won't disappear in under an hour. You can find them both at retail discounters like TJMaxx, Ross and Marshall's for well under $20. For the $$$, they're a tough combo to beat for the summer if you want to stay on the economical side of fresh/aquatic fragrances.

Edit:
A704A6B3-2354-49AA-A75E-4A872E67D393.jpeg

D1E7B63C-9679-4959-912D-B36EC0C036A0.jpeg

If I may make a suggestion, Tommy Bahama makes some decent aquatic/blue fragrances and there are two that are actually better than average in both performance and scent profile. One is St. Kitts & the other St. Barts. St. Kitts has a nice lime, mandarin and star fruit top notes with a very smooth cedar, sea salt mid and a mellow musk/ambergris dry down. St. Barts has a slight similar vibe but, goes in a different direction with almost an agave, tequila with sea salt top & mid while also sprinkling in some coconut nuances in the background. Not to prominent but, more in a supportive demeanour. A few hours in you get a real nice and mellow green, musk and light vanilla drydown that is quite alluring and very pleasant. Are they a bit synthetic? Yes but, not overly so and I can guarantee you that they won't disappear in under an hour. You can find them both at retail discounters like TJMaxx, Ross and Marshall's for well under $20. For the $$$, they're a tough combo to beat for the summer if you want to stay on the economical side of fresh/aquatic fragrances.

Edit:
View attachment 32079

View attachment 32080
That Sir is right in the wheelhouse for me! Both! Thanks for the info...

Edit:
View attachment 32079

View attachment 32080
These are definitely on my to-get list. I have seen them at the rack stores, but just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

IMG_20200809_145628_739.jpg
I am totally in love with this fragrance. It is a mix of orange blossom, jasmine, tuberose, and cumin. It can best be described as an animalic beastmode white floral. You really have to love white flowers for this one.

Back