The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

Well one of the intentional fouls was during a fast break. Player with ball steals ball throws ball jumping in air to teammate down court. Player comes behind him two hand push and takes him out. Player lands hard cuts chin open. He ended up with 15 stitches and blood everywhere. I had no idea chin could bleed that bad.

Scotch is one of those funny drinks for me. I can't stand just average scotch whiskey. But really good scotches are amazing! The problem with really good scotches are that they are REALLY expensive!

Glenfiddich and, since it's Christmas, mixed with Peardrax
Glenfiddich was one of my other options when I chose the Glenmorangie. I ended up caving to the internet’s wisdom which stated Glenmorangie was a better introduction to scotches and had a wider following (I’m not dissatisfied at all with that choice mind you...it may be smoother and just as sweet as all the bourbons I’ve tried so far). Maybe next time will be Glenfiddich!

I have been neglectful posting here. We’ve had good wine the last few nights. Tonight was Chappellet. One of the OG wine families of Napa. Their patriarch unfortunately died a year or two ago. 2013 was known as an “epic” year for Napa cabs that would be good for aging. Chappellet was firing on all cylinders that year and I thought punching way above their price point. Had bought several of these to drink through the years.

EB3DBD5E-7EF4-49DA-825E-C7A2F3E8343E.jpeg

Am I the only one that thinks nearly $6,000 is too much for a bottle of wine ?!?!
Thought the same thing! You just said it first! I am guessing @NurseDave didn't get that bottle at Trader Joe's! 🤪

Just a thought... @NurseDave needs to start his own thread and share his wine knowledge with us. Maybe some beginner tips, bottles that he likes, best wine on a budget, best wine not on a budget...

So...whatcha think Dave?

Thought the same thing! You just said it first! I am guessing @NurseDave didn't get that bottle at Trader Joe's! 🤪

Just a thought... @NurseDave needs to start his own thread and share his wine knowledge with us. Maybe some beginner tips, bottles that he likes, best wine on a budget, best wine not on a budget...

So...whatcha think Dave?
Budget is subjective since they vary from person to person. He did do a video at one time with some nice tips in it online and what to look for ETC. I got some good information from it.

I could do that. I was suggested in the past and I made my wine video because it seemed easier to discuss the details than write it all out. But I know not everyone watches videos and they end up getting lost in the threads.

I could do that. I was suggested in the past and I made my wine video because it seemed easier to discuss the details than write it all out. But I know not everyone watches videos and they end up getting lost in the threads.
They don't have to be long posts. Or you could do some short videos too. I'd watch them...and evidently I missed your wine tips. I almost always defer to the wife when it comes to wine. She knows what she likes and while I know there are some things I like or don't like...I am unsure about it all.

Back