The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

The grill has been plenty busy at Villa Somnos...a lovely Tempranillo and Garnacha blend from Spain...2015

72FAD998-5C50-4AA6-895F-04AC759CDA14.jpeg

Smoothest and MOST expensive I've ever had was bought by a guy from Oregon that joined the team I was working with doing relief work in Puerto Rico. Van heading back to the dorms on 3rd day for him stopped for us at Walmart for anything we wanted to pick up. I'm in the beverage aisle seeing what I wanted and Jon comes over and says," Dave, you and Mark have made this trip OUTSTANDING for me already, we're celebrating tonight." He then reaches past me and grabs the boxed bottle of Johnny Walker Blue off the top shelf. $260 bottle of Scotch. Like I said, smoothest whiskey I ever drank and have some awesome memories working with Jon and Mark. I'll never have a glass of beverage that expensive again probably.
It is exceptional stuff and if you get up this way Dave I have a bottle of Blue keeping company with a bottle of Platinum tucked in the snug of the bar. If I am going to reach for a bottle of JW and though the aforementioned are exceptional it would be JW Green which is my fav blended 15 year old scotch. Many a fine bottle of scotch lives here. Point is enjoy them with good friends because unless you’re curator to a booze museum...drink them.

Need something light and semi-sweet to make up for weeding today in the head. Yucky weather for that; could only do 2 hours this afternoon and going back out again now.

"Anybody want free weed?" apparently means something different that I thought it did! 🤪

What’s the downlow on Jack Daniel’s Honey? Worth a bottle? Getting a lot of positive press...moreso than the flavored Beams.

Alrighty Chad! Here we go!

View attachment 5539

Image result for well we're waiting

And thoughts......................
Nice Glass!
It was fairly nice! A bit sweeter than I expected it to be, but I can adjust. Super smooth. It does make me want to try their regular bourbon at some point!

Gotta be careful with it though...it sneaks up on ya. I didn’t start feeling it until about 10 minutes after I finished the class.

Love the bottle. If I can find a different cap for it, it’ll get repurposed.

Back