The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

Dalmore Cigar Malt tonight
1st impressions are better than expected. Based on box:
001A5E3C-E4F4-4BCD-A0BB-4666037A6BE1.jpeg
The nose is not quite as cinnamon to me but yes vanilla and some berries

The palate and tongue starts off sweet i get banana and oak and maybe mango or papaya? Super smooth

The finish is dark chocolate, pepper and Cabernet. Just a slight touch orange and a nice lingering warmth. Just beautiful and perfect with a Maduro cigar which enhances the spicy finish, almost hot and adds the smoke it needs and cuts some sweetness. So far so good dram #2 just proves that if a highland scotch and a good Cabernet had a baby this would be it. Very different for a scotch but very enjoyable
B7285F4A-CF09-40BC-999F-E7CBB46A9074.jpeg

A little head to head.
The Kirkland has a bit more going on in the nose. More intense with butterscotch and tropical fruits. The 13 as a touch of a medicinal note.
On the palette the Kirkland has some young heat and a bite with a lot of pepper finish that lingers forever and dominates. The 13 has much more sweetness, with a much rounder flavor rolling into the peat and medicinal note. I’m not a big Caol Ila fan and this Kirkland is NOT for me.
F6C45A69-F903-4A5D-B067-06E187ED6D5B.jpeg

A little head to head.
The Kirkland has a bit more going on in the nose. More intense with butterscotch and tropical fruits. The 13 as a touch of a medicinal note.
On the palette the Kirkland has some young heat and a bite with a lot of pepper finish that lingers forever and dominates. The 13 has much more sweetness, with a much rounder flavor rolling into the peat and medicinal note. I’m not a big Caol Ila fan and this Kirkland is NOT for me.
View attachment 58123
Thanks for saving me the money 😂

A little head to head.
View attachment 58123
Thanks Dave for your thoughts…
Thanks for saving me the money 😂
We’d never see it Chris…so no risk of money being spent here! 😂

Back