The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

Glen Scotia Victoriana. First taste of this. I had added it to my list after watching a review, but didn’t remember what to expect. The nose was mostly red fruits so the power of the taste got my surprise. Strong and hot with sherry and pepper on it. Finish of chocolate. I needed to add some water to it and it was still hot. I think it brought the pepper more forward and buried the fruit and chocolate. Always happy to try new stuff, but unless this makes a big change being opened up it won’t be a rebuy.

Glen Scotia Victoriana. First taste of this. I had added it to my list after watching a review, but didn’t remember what to expect. The nose was mostly red fruits so the power of the taste got my surprise. Strong and hot with sherry and pepper on it. Finish of chocolate. I needed to add some water to it and it was still hot. I think it brought the pepper more forward and buried the fruit and chocolate. Always happy to try new stuff, but unless this makes a big change being opened up it won’t be a rebuy.
Strange combo! 😮

FYI this film is finally coming out

Sounds like water and time might be your only friend on this one...

Little Book Chapter 4 - The nose of this is a-mazing. Super interesting with grain, mint, spices. I love the layers. The taste is a sweet rye with brown sugar and baking spices but it is HOT. Might need to try it with water.

Back