The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

Is the 8 better than the 16 to you?
I’ll say that from what I can remember they are different. I have had 16 but never owned a bottle and bold and smoky but very nice and creamy for a whiskey that old. If I remember it was near a standard 80 or 40ish%. I have owned 12 but it was at cask strength so somewhere near 110 or 55%. 12 is a punch in the face with all things Islay in it. This 8 comes in at 48% or 90ish. It is super tasty Dave with a creaminess and sweetness I wasn’t expecting as much of. Smoke is there but it is well balanced. It’s not that super dry acrid smoke either. I tried it neat with no water added in a small Glen Cairn glass and outside so the glass was cool. It was brilliant. I can see why they made a core expression. If you liked 16 you will be very impressed with 8...

Ice water
Or to put it another way....
tenor.gif
04f8a73f281d1a3f1a90f274c638f8db.gif

Game 5 of the NBA series against the Boston Celtics! Easy sipper on a lazy holiday Monday! Go Raptors!

108285D3-6D3E-45C8-A36A-9576993E9C62.png

Back