The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

No posts tonight yet?! Surly I'm not drinking alone! Another Wilderness Trail pour tonight.

6de882733e340f6329eb4d7be2118649.jpg

Monkey Shoulder is nowhere to be found within reasonable distance, so I will have a go at my 2nd honey whiskey. JD Honey was the first and was quite nice. Forty Creek's honey spiced is supposed to be sweeter and heavier, making more for a mixer with ginger ale than a straight up sipper. I'll find out either tomorrow or on the Labour Day weekend.
1599180954469.png

Monkey Shoulder is nowhere to be found within reasonable distance, so I will have a go at my 2nd honey whiskey. JD Honey was the first and was quite nice. Forty Creek's honey spiced is supposed to be sweeter and heavier, making more for a mixer with ginger ale than a straight up sipper. I'll find out either tomorrow or on the Labour Day weekend.
View attachment 34451
How was it Sam?

So we grabbed a bunch of wine today, all reds but some French, Chilean, Italian as I like old world and new. Something for me too...

44C0F171-79DD-4A9A-A5FA-FD1E87853211.jpeg

Forty Creek SPIKE Honey Spiced whisky: a goombah's review

1st sniff from the bottle: smells like spiced rum. Hardly any whisky or honey scent
1st sip: Doesn't taste like (good) whisky, more spiced than honey
1st swig and mouth swoosh (see, I'm technical): heavier texture than whisky, again more spiced than honey, small whisky "hit" in the sinus delayed a few secs

My opinion as a sipper: (n)

We also have a pot of Rooibos tea on , and it goes much better with that. Still not "good" but better than alone. I'll try with ginger ale and as a hot toddy through the weekend, but at this point it looks like a recommendation of : PASS.

Enjoying a dram of Lagavulin 8 on the back deck...it is glorious. Brought to market in 2016 for the distillery’s 200th anniversary and brought back as part of their regular expressions. I can’t believe I never grabbed a bottle of the 8 year old. 12 is wonderful but this is seriously tasty stuff.

I came back to this thread to see if @Somnos had posted round 3 for the evening. That gentleman is up to round 4!

Back