The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you drinking tonight?

That's on my short list for buying next
This one is my favorite. The sherry cask finish adds just a touch of sweetness that mates perfectly with the chewiness, smokiness and other attributes that are beyond my ability to describe.

I have a bottle of Dark Cove that was set aside for when my wife recovered, but unfortunately she did not. Some day I may open it, but for now nothing beats the Uigeadail.

Had a tiny bit of gin. Moving on to some of the best rye that I have ever had.
IMG_20200729_204542882.jpg

If you like rum, you will like this rye. It is finished in rum barrels.

Last edited:
View attachment 31197
Straight from the freezer into my glass.
I had the weirdest drunk ever with that. Back in the 90's. Haven't had it since..

spaceman.gif

I will say only this about that episode. Never mix Bombay Sapphire Gin with Mt. Dew... The soda masks the taste of the alcohol quite effectively.. It's dangerous.. Don't do it.

I'd say that, for many reasons, you could expand the rule to be "Never mix anything with Mt. Dew."
I grew up in the mountains of East Tenn. Way up an access road in the mountains was a fire tower where people would congregate and drink and listen to Southern Rock and fight and make out, and drink some more. Jack Daniel's and Mountain Dew was very popular. This was a redneck crowd of 16-25 year old kids. If you've ever seen Dazed and Confused, it was pretty much that. I drank beer.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back