The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

Stirling arrival...

Satsuma - Soap, Aftershave (glacial), body soap, shampoo bar
Pearberry - soap sample
Tuscany - soap sample
Port-o-Prince - body soap sample
Piacenza - body soap

Pearberry is my wife's FAVORITE scent. She owns it in everything from them. Can you believe she owns 3 Stirling shave soaps? She is out of CONTROL!

Mail call courtesy of Spider. Thanks KJ! This is a different scent of Bay Rum. Pretty cool. I'll use it soon.

Chad all you need is some Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum and Master Bay Rum and you can mix up some Bootlegger's Bay Rum.

Mail call!

Got my order from Wet Shaving Products today.

Blackbeard full size shave soap
Mahogany, Barbershop, Gaelic Tweed, and Ol' Kentucky sample shave soaps.

They all smell awesome except for Gaelic Tweed. That has a very clean but plain scent. I was expecting something totally different so I think that's why that one was a little disappointing.

The Barbershop has more of a citrus scent than powder, so it isn't very Barbershop-y to me. Still very good though.

The other scents are very hard to nail down, but all very good.

I used Blackbeard tonight, check my journal in a little bit for a review!

SteveChuckFrank said:
Mail call!

Got my order from Wet Shaving Products today.

Blackbeard full size shave soap
Mahogany, Barbershop, Gaelic Tweed, and Ol' Kentucky sample shave soaps.

They all smell awesome except for Gaelic Tweed. That has a very clean but plain scent. I was expecting something totally different so I think that's why that one was a little disappointing.

The Barbershop has more of a citrus scent than powder, so it isn't very Barbershop-y to me. Still very good though.

The other scents are very hard to nail down, but all very good.

I used Blackbeard tonight, check my journal in a little bit for a review!

If if you decide you don’t want the Gaelic tweed I can help with its safe and secure disposal!?????

NurseDave said:
So, I got myself a little motivation. After my SS shaves become routine and after I can transfer those skills over to my frameback and gold dollar, I get to pull this guy out as a reward.

Wow that's really nice Dave! One day I would like to attempt a straight razor shave, but I think I should become a bit more proficient with a DE first.

SteveChuckFrank said:
Wow that's really nice Dave! One day I would like to attempt a straight razor shave, but I think I should become a bit more proficient with a DE first.
I just KNEW I wasn’t going to get involved in straight razors when I started this journey just a year ago. Let’s just say this crew are a bunch of great motivators.

I have to say I am in heaven tonight. Walt, one of our own cadre PIFed me my grail soap. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve already opened this to stick my nose in. I’ve been monitoring at least 3 BST sites and eBay daily trying to obtain it. I present the one, the only.....Ruuuuuuuussian Tea!!!

Wow! First great PIF by Walt. The man is very generous! Great mail call Dave.

Back