The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

Nice...Thoughts on the V.C. Eterno , I have the smoky oud but not that one yet..

Has a bit of a classy Mediterranean vibe, very gentlemanly with a nice opening of citrus & mint. Within 10 minutes it morphs into a nice spicey scent with woods and a nice herbaceous green vibe. Almost a cross between fresh and aromatic. Not ground breaking or something that will wow you at first sniff but, for the $$$ it’s a good deal on a nice clean scent for everyday wear.

A40D3279-10C7-4A7D-98C6-C11F0232E1D2.jpeg

Has a bit of a classy Mediterranean vibe, very gentlemanly with a nice opening of citrus & mint. Within 10 minutes it morphs into a nice spicey scent with woods and a nice herbaceous green vibe. Almost a cross between fresh and aromatic. Not ground breaking or something that will wow you at first sniff but, for the $$$ it’s a good deal on a nice clean scent for everyday wear.

View attachment 37544
thank you for the reply.. I appreciate it..

Oh boy. My rose essential oils and hydrosol arrived. I'm going to divide the hydrosol into smaller bottles and add a drop of a different oil to each hydrosol bottle. Then I can try adding a couple drops of a mixture to my shaving lathers - sandalwood, fougeres, tobaccos, colonias, etc. to jazz them up a bit. This is going to be fun.
dedxbQa.jpg

I've teetered I'm picking up after the Washington or the sandalwood.

The Washington sounds like it might be good, but it's quite busy, scent wise. How does it smell, as a whole?
It has a nice cologne-like fragrance to it. Foral and slightly spicy with a nice patchouli that doesn't come off dirty. The orange note is very pleasing to me.

I had a nice afternoon! This was the First day out of the house since last Wednesday, COVID Crisis AVERTED!!!!

Found on FB Marketplace:
-Art of Shaving 6/8 Thiers Issard(Used once)
-Art of Shaving Silvertip in Horn (Used once)

Found at an Antique Store at the Mall:
-Floris, Made in England Pure Badger(more like a best) NOS
-Noxzema Lather Shaving Cream NOS
57AEEAA7-13E5-4E0C-AF80-5CAAA0415C6E.jpeg

Another few cheapies from a discount retailer except for the Paco Rabanne Tester ($39.00) as that came in the mail today. The Banana Republic M is a clean woods/freshie that is more a nostalgic pick from my younger days. And for $14.99, I couldn’t resist picking it up. Guess 1981 Los Angeles & Desigual Dark are very similar with the Guess fragrance leaning a bit towards Versace Eros and the Desigual has a slight similarity to 1 Million Prive. Both cheaper (Guess 1981 LA $19.99, Desigual Dark $14.99) versions of the 2 higher end designers mentioned with decent performance. Both sweet but, not cloying & both young or old can sport these and will work well in the cooler days coming. 1 Million Prive is close to the original but, smells more mature & dense, not as playful & young as the original. I could not get along with the original release, too sweet and more for the younger crowd. Prive though is 1 Million grown up with class & depth. This one is going to be great for nights out and events for the fall and winter.....

C3A424F3-24FA-4635-B8D7-F092DB5B87DC.jpeg

3338396A-AC09-4B95-BF22-9E9DDFB8ED0B.jpeg

F8DDFB5D-2787-475D-94CB-1E2685C403E7.jpeg

F49EB155-B4AF-4A1F-BECB-DD2F4366922C.jpeg

Back