The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Don,
Nice pictures nice post.
Been kinda updated on the football sight. Won't go into that here ha ha.
But thanks for sharing. Family is everything.
I wish you and your family good health and a great holiday season.
Take care.
Oh and GO BUCKS ha ha

Don,
Nice pictures nice post.
Been kinda updated on the football sight. Won't go into that here ha ha.
But thanks for sharing. Family is everything.
I wish you and your family good health and a great holiday season.
Take care.
Oh and GO BUCKS ha ha
I think I have tears in my eyes.

Another week come and gone and I think life is sticking me in that ride called the Gavitron. Meaning the world is spinning incredibly fast I don't know how to make it slow down. I guess I am along for the ride and it will stop when it stops. Working Medicaid Transportation is the weird mix of not really likening the job that much and satisfying I am actually helping out people who need it. The work itself isn't what I dislike, but more the pace of the job. There is no stopping and no slowing down. I am used to face paced jobs, but they usually have an ebb and flow. With this job there is no ebb...it is all flow.

Danger baby is getting older and I am not ready for the changes. But damn is she cute. Pic will be posted at the end of the post.

We have the Christmas tree up and decorated and some other decorations around the house. I get to do the outside lights and stake down the inflatables. Danger Baby loves the inflatables. Time to Griswold the house up.

In addition to getting the rest of Christmas up...today I get to put new brakes on my truck. It seems like I go through these things more often than I should...but that is probably just me really not wanting to do them. I am not the most mechanically inclined person, but I can do brakes. It just takes me a lot longer to do them than most. I am hoping it's just the pads and only the front. But I have a sneaking suspicion that I might have to change out the rotors as well. Good lord I hope not.

Anyway...all is well and I really can't complain much. Hope the Cadre and your families are well as the holiday season moves along.

1700317584249.png1700317645865.png

You are so incredibly blessed my friend! My only begotten is married for two years now! Where does the time go?!

I'm still waiting patiently for a grandbaby.

Lol, Dangerbaby is living proof that God knew what he was doing when he gave me a son. I always said I'd have the most spoiled daughter -in- love in the world, and I'm doing my best. He married a lady, so I am continuing to be blessed.

Another couple of months went by and here I am again. Anyway, back in November I mentioned that I did a quick career change. I went from my investigator job at the Louisiana Board of Ethics to a compliance job in Medicaid Transportation. I wasn't sure about the Medicaid job at all, but decided to take it. It was more money and better opportunities to move up the ladder. But my supervisor...well, I did not like here style one bit. I won't go into all the reasons why, but suffice to say, she isn't a bad person, but her management style was something I could not abide. I wasn't all that happy. Back in February I applied for a Federal position as an Intel analyst with ATF. A friend of mine who used to be my supervisor when I worked at state police wanted me to apply for the ATF job as she would be my supervisor again. ATF isn't exactly the agency I really wanted to work for, but the position is pretty much a dream job for me. My friend also assured me that the bulk of what they do is related to gangs. So I applied...and waited...and waited...and waited some more. Finally in August I was called for an interview. A couple weeks later I was told that they wanted to hire me. Then the forms came in and I was happy to fill them out. Then I waited some more. In November I was finally given the go ahead to fill out my security clearance application. Then in December, a week before Christmas and on my Birthday...I had my security interview. Then nothing until Thursday night when I received an email from HR asking to set up a time on Monday for a phone call. Thursday to Monday? What sadistic person makes someone wait that long? Then Monday came and I got the job. I start on Feb 11 and I couldn't be happier! I know throughout this past year I have been mostly absent...a lot of it was my job and family life...but I want to say thank you to the Cadre for keeping me in your prayers or just having positive thoughts. Some of you know that I started my Intel career many years ago... 24 to be exact. But when I first joined the military back in 1992, intelligence was my passion. But the Marine Corps gods had other plans for me at that time. In 2000, I joined the Army National Guard as an intel collector. Stayed there until 2011 when I got a job with State Police as an intel analyst and was there until 2017. When I left State Police I wasn't sure if I would get back into Intel again. But a little less than 7 years and I am back in it. Super happy! Anyway...Thank you Cadre for all that you do!

Back