The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Razor: Merkur - Progress
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum (New Blade)
Soap/Cream: Declaration Grooming - Darkfall
Brush: Graydog Brush in Cocobolo with Maggard Razors 26mm Mixed 70/30 Badger and Boar
The Penultimate Aftershave - Humphreys Witch Hazel
The Ultimate Aftershave: Proraso

After eight shaves with the CBL Master Barber - Dragon's Blood...I was ready for a little change. I bought a tub of DG - Darkfall from @Dave in KY and I was ready to test it out. I think this is in the Milksteak formula. So a couple quick things about the soap. First of all the scent. I liked it just fine out of the tub, but it wasn't like it was my favorite scent. However, something magical happens when you lather it...because that is where the scent comes alive! It's spicy and earthy all at the same time and I really...really like it! Normally I would wait a few shaves to comment much about the performance of the soap...but sometimes you just know. Easy to load and lather, super slick, and a REALLY good post shave feel. I'll go ahead and proclaim it...this soap is elite. It easily kicks the Icarus version of Declaration Grooming soap out of one of the top spots. I mean...Icarus is no slouch either...but Milksteak definitely improves the brand.

I performed three standard shave passes and the only drop of blood that was drawn was when I did not pay attention and sliced a little corner of my nose. Don't ask. But I did end up with a mostly BBS shave and one of the best feeling shaves I have had in a really long time.

I went with something light smelling since I am home with the wife today. So Proraso it was.

The Danger Zone

So...some good news...sort of. It looks like Hurricane Marco has been downgraded to a Tropical storm and also looks as if it won't come as far inland as anticipated. I just hope it decides not to stall out anywhere. Tropical storm Laura still looks to be a beast. The projected path has moved west, then east, then west again. One thing that is certain though...it looks to be a very strong Cat 2 hurricane. I am feeling better about things at the moment...but my main concern still is losing power for days on end with a pregnant woman in the house.

Things are looking better, even if it is just marginally.

Hope the Cadre has a great start to their week!

Glad things are looking a little better Don. If you lose power and can't take being inside with the pregnant wife and no power anymore here is your option......
View attachment 33435
For the life of me...I have no idea why I don't own a generator. I have been through plenty of these...but for some reason, each hurricane season comes and goes and I still don't have a generator. Well...with the baby on the way...next year I will make sure I have one.

For the life of me...I have no idea why I don't own a generator. I have been through plenty of these...but for some reason, each hurricane season comes and goes and I still don't have a generator. Well...with the baby on the way...next year I will make sure I have one.
We seemed to lose power all the time where I am at. I bought a propane generator and I think I've used it once in the four to five years I've owned it. Best insurance against losing power is investing in a generator.

Back