The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Various Acquisition Disorder Enablement anti-Restraint-VADER

Previous Balance - $81.62
Sold brush lot - $20
Sold Kiki Okan 4/8 SR - $15

New Balance - $ 116.62

I finally have some action to report. I sold some stuff and bought something form ebay.
Opening acct value: $600
Sold: $25 (net)
Bought: $14
Ending balance: $611

I have some other trinkets to sell and I may find something I just have to have but it looks like being busy is keeping me from spending.

What did I buy?
A boxed Gillette tech and another random SE razor that looks a little terrifying. I have a rather high bid in on something I think i would enjoy but I won't be raising it when the price goes sky high. If I get lucky I'll be out another $50 or less

Considered a purchase today, but they didn't have the color I want

Saw someone post a new soap. Had to try it:

Budget $400 Amount remaining $368.25

Store Date Bought/Sold $$$
Tryablade 1/9/19 Misc Blades $14.25
Lakewood 2/11/19 Whiskey Soap $17.50

Saw someone post a new soap. Had to try it:

Budget $400 Amount remaining $368.25

Store Date Bought/Sold $$$
Tryablade 1/9/19 Misc Blades $14.25
Lakewood 2/11/19 Whiskey Soap $17.50

Can't wait to hear how that is.

I am back Folks. A Grand Shave King showed up on another forum BST and just had to have it. 5 years ago my kid broke the one I had and been missing it since. What kids do when they are 2.
It is user grade but happy to get one again.

cost $55
new budget $135

Started with $611 and sold a few soaps from my den for a net addition of $15, bringing my total budget to $626. THEN I picked up an interesting little hone for $10 and placed an order for a custom kamisori for $99. My remaining balance is $517.

I am am amazed at how little I’ve purchased so far this year.

Started with $611 and sold a few soaps from my den for a net addition of $15, bringing my total budget to $626. THEN I picked up an interesting little hone for $10 and placed an order for a custom kamisori for $99. My remaining balance is $517.

You've been busy, it's okay

Custom kami sounds interesting

My custom kami finally arrived. It’s a 10/8 2.5” blade with a fairly short tang. It arrived in a somewhat disappointing condition but i’ll Manage. It had a deformity about a 1/4” from the heel and was not at all sharp from the heel to that deformity. I’ve since done enough work on the bones to render it sharp end to end but the deformity is still present.

During the great blackout of 2019 I managed to closed the deal on a couple other unique items totaling $124 leaving with a new balance of $393.

The items I got:
A vintage Schick straight razor shavette (like the feather dx) and a pair of de kamisori like things.

Back