The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

UACowboy's Razor Restorations & 3D Printing

Howdy folks. I figured I'd show ya'll what I'm working on. And no I don't know why my posts here end up being typed with extra twang.

So the current project is is this Wade & Butcher 7/8.
View attachment 3135
Its getting cleaned up and a set of custom scales.

Here is the blade after cleanup.
View attachment 3137
It was sanded lightly with 100 grit to remove the stains and then worked up to 1k grit and then polished with MAAS.

And here is the sketch of the scales
View attachment 3136
Hi Kyle, I have the same blade I am rehabbing and wonder if the pivot hole is over-size (more than 1/16") how does that affect pinning? It looks like an oval on both sides with 1/16 hole further into the tang.

Hi Kyle, I have the same blade I am rehabbing and wonder if the pivot hole is over-size (more than 1/16") how does that affect pinning? It looks like an oval on both sides with 1/16 hole further into the tang.
yeah the hole was kinda weird but it seemed to pin up just fine. i did keep the inner thin washers and between those and the new scalles providing stability they pinned up fine. i think the big thing to check would be that the pin doesn't have to much wiggle room at the most narrow part of the hole. if it does you may want to try and size up the rod for that pin.

yeah the hole was kinda weird but it seemed to pin up just fine. i did keep the inner thin washers and between those and the new scalles providing stability they pinned up fine. i think the big thing to check would be that the pin doesn't have to much wiggle room at the most narrow part of the hole. if it does you may want to try and size up the rod for that pin.
Thanks Kyle, that gives me a guideline to move forward.

I saw someone 3d printed an occams oren but can't find or get the stl file is that something you could possibly find ( the stl) for ? I could print it myself I just can't find or make the file.. I haven't gotten to the point of being able to design one yet...

I saw someone 3d printed an occams oren but can't find or get the stl file is that something you could possibly find ( the stl) for ? I could print it myself I just can't find or make the file.. I haven't gotten to the point of being able to design one yet...
I'm guessing that isn't one thats just out there. If it really is an exact copy of the oren they could possibly get into some trouble if they distributed it.

We would like to sincerely thank you Kyle, for the generous donation to the success of our 1st event. It is greatly appreciated, and hope you can join us in person for TSC Con 2023

Again on behalf of the owners and TSC Members, our thanks!

Back