The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

UACowboy's Razor Restorations & 3D Printing

Ok so in addition to things like the TNNSER and pen holders that can be found on sites like thingiverse, i am working on some designs of my own that I will be able to print. The first that I am calling ready to offer is what I'm calling a 7 Day razor stand.
20200606_153436.jpg
20200613_185950.jpg
The base has depressions so that Straight razors can sit easily without sliding out and is wide enough to fit 7 DE razors (i don't have that many DE razors but im fairly sure they'd fit) also, this orange one was printing while I was at work and had a weird error that stopped printing one column but it was still stable enough so I decided to use it rather than toss it.

Hey Kyle..... is there any UV reactive, or at least glow in the dark filament? If so I need a TNNSER in that..... and a bunch of other stuff!

Hey Kyle..... is there any UV reactive, or at least glow in the dark filament? If so I need a TNNSER in that..... and a bunch of other stuff!
I believe both exist. Glow in the dark does for sure

Okay Kyle...here is a thought. And this is just a thought...since I have no idea what it really takes to design and print anything on a 3D printer. But...is it possible to personalize things. Like say...on your Tinser razor...instead of it saying Tinser...could it say something like dangerousdon, or LSU, or Geaux Tigers, or...well you get the idea. I am sure modifications are much harder than my old brain can imagine. But just thought I would ask.

Okay Kyle...here is a thought. And this is just a thought...since I have no idea what it really takes to design and print anything on a 3D printer. But...is it possible to personalize things. Like say...on your Tinser razor...instead of it saying Tinser...could it say something like dangerousdon, or LSU, or Geaux Tigers, or...well you get the idea. I am sure modifications are much harder than my old brain can imagine. But just thought I would ask.
Yes customization is possible. just takes some time to alter the 3D model. and i could send images of it before printing to make sure it would be to your liking.

The Orange is for @Bill in Oneida who is a UT fan...... don't hold it against him. The blue and red is the mix match (Twinsie) done with KJ's @Spider Kyle did an AMAZING job on the quality. Much better than my other one. Last photo with the grey one done elsewhere. It works but the cap etc is a little wonky. Kyle is your man for 3d printing work for sure. Thanks Kyle
View attachment 27204View attachment 27205View attachment 27206View attachment 27207
WOW! big difference in the fit.

Back