The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

I am so glad I climbed out of that rabbit hole still have all the tools the bench and everything but no more

We have a BST section you know
No I still dabble a little bit I just don’t have the patience I cannot tell you how many watches ended up smashed against the wall in frustration. You really need to be type B or C to do any type of horological work if you’re Type A you have lots of extra parts , and broken pieces. I spent too much money on all the tools To get rid of. I still change batteries tuneup my automatic movements but that’s about it

If quartz it should not exceed 5-10+- seconds a month on the high end the oscillator could use an adjustment or some voltage issues within the battery cell, try changing the battery.

If auto then 20-25 seconds a day but no more than 22-24 seconds in a two day period or the balance spring and wheel may be out of adjustment

Back