The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

I am honored by the comparison. I did type out the competition in Vinny's voice.
I knew that I was going to say Uecker, but it did not have that meter, biut looking forward to your next call....

Welcome back to Watch Wars!!

Today's competition is coming to you live from the Hill Valley clock tower inside the Hill Valley courthouse.

5bb441ac3c000032000c8eba.jpeg

Our returning champ, Dave....the clean shaven face one, has ventured out on the ledge for the moment to have a cigar and to find some better light to read his appointment book by. Dave, the half clean shaven faced one, is attempting to adjust the famous clock with the help of very tiny tools but he's been sipping on a glass of some brownish liquid and is telling tales of flying cars. I'm not too sure this venue is the best place to hold today's competition as there are reports of lightning in the area. The local scientist insists it will be quite a show.....I'm not sure if he means us or the storm.

Let's have a look at today's entries:

f7c2627f-6a40-4b8d-baad-a2c788a7524d-jpeg.109950

Oh my!! It would appear that Dave....the San Francisco Treat....took yesterday's loss personally and has returned with the big guns. Very nice. We like when the competition is raised several notches (we're hoping this would be a drawn-out series....but if you guys want to go nuclear on day two...so be it). No one can argue with the style and sophistication of a Rolex and the gold on blue is very eye catching. We're also impressed that he has paired this with a leather band....adding a bit of a casual feel to this high-end stunner (plus with that much arm hair...the metal bracelet has to be a tricky wicket from time to time).

Now that Dave....the Dust Devil....has returned from his stroll on the ledge, let's see what he decided to bring to the match:

b2e2f166-ab3d-49a2-b901-7a14687e14b4-jpeg.109954

Oh.....very clean and sleek. Not as "big gun" as the Rolex...but he has added the very stylish NATO band so he's not conceding anything. This watch, while not his finest....is quite a nice piece.

Let's go and see what the judges think....

..and it turns out today's judge IS a Rolex fan. Sorry Dave......the Arizona one. Today's winner is Dave....the Bay Area one!!!!!

Congrats Dave......nice victory.....but maybe you should have saved the super megaton gun for later in the competition....I mean, the other Dave is super loaded with big guns.

Join us tomorrow for more fun and laughs....on Watch Wars!!!

@BarberDave @NurseDave

Last edited:
What's the Vegas line on which Dave would be the first to tell his wife "But I need a new one to win watch wars."?

We ran the numbers and it seems the odds don't exist......turns out both Dave's have already considered this as a possible excuse for watches they are currently purchasing.

Of course we all know.......he's coming back super strong tomorrow. There's no quit in either of these competitors. It's how they were made......it's in their DNA (at least that's what the tests revealed).....no.....there will be blood before this Watch War is over.

Hmm, so do I tank tomorrow so Dave's monster watch is wasted with no competition, and then come back strong on Friday? I think it's time I get a coach or strategy advisor.

The competitors have begun a side battle of intimidation and gamesmanship........to the crowd's benefit. Let's be honest here people....this is what Watch War is all about: Will Dave outwit Dave and get him to wear a super special timepiece-de-resistance against a plastic Obi-Wan POS??? Will someone go old school and strap a sundial on their arm for a Roman era smack-down??? Will anyone challenge from the outside lane???

Keep watching (see what I did there?) this channel.

Oh, but wait.......a new competitor has entered the ring..... @GearNoir .....Chris, the Missionary Man..........from Mission Santa Barbara (don't get a dirty mind).....

Let's look at what he brings to this battle...

image-jpg.109960

...very nice. The Military gauge look is super cool. And let's not discount the fact that this is a watch that runs on sun and body movement power.....so, ultra cool!! But some parts of this watch are so complicated to read.....and none of us are getting any younger.....that I fear it's too much watch for any one man to look at.

This is a fine contender for today (and may well have won yesterday)....but the Rolex still takes the victory for the day.

Thanks to Chris for making this a much expanded contest. Anyone else want to try their hand (Again...see what I did there?) and submit a watch photo??? The more the merrier.

In future contests, @GearNoir may have a slight advantage as he has completely hairless arms and that does make the watch stand out. Proper presentation should be part of the judging factors. That's not to say that I'm looking for any contestant to wax their arm in search of a victory.....but stranger things have happened on the way to the top of the winners podium.

Back