The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Watch List

Announce from a brand I dig. If there wasn’t already another release I’m tracking I might get in on the mint green on. I’d like to add mint green or Tiffany blue to my collection.

fd58a6d0-5dfa-413b-ad34-acfa4672d480.png
Hey, Jon here. You know when things are quiet in TRASKA-land, it means we’re working on something special. I am thrilled to announce that, after almost two years of development, TRAKA's fifth model is here. It’s a loving homage to some of my favorite vintage dive watches, delivered in an aesthetic that is simple, functional and absolutely stunning to behold — at least that’s what we think!

Ladies and gentlemen, it is my pleasure to introduce you to the TRASKA Seafarer
Performing as impeccably 150 meters under the sea as it would on dry land, the Seafarer packs modern tech within a vintage-inspired frame. An homage to the dual-crown dive watches of the ‘50s and ‘60s, this is history, re-engineered for the choppy waters of today.

Available in Sun-Bleached Orange to celebrate the summer, as well as Charcoal Black, Mint Green and Arctic White, you can claim your Seafarer next Sunday, June 5, at 10:00 AM Eastern (that’s 7:00 AM in Los Angeles, 3:00 PMin London, and midnight in Sydney).

These will be in stock and ready to ship immediately next Sunday. This means there’s no pre-order or reservation system — just a clean and simple launch. We’ll drop you a reminder on the day. Meanwhile, you can check out some more photos and read about the Seafarer in detail over at traskawatch.com/seafarer

Wouldn’t want to deny my fans

View attachment 84374
Congrats, Dave. What a sweet looking watch! I was curious...and this is how stuff gets started :)... This video provides a good explanation of the co-axial escapement starting at 6:00. It also shows Omega's evolution of the co-axial movement in their lineup.

The Seamaster model has quite an interesting history as well.

Super cool.

Congrats, Dave. What a sweet looking watch! I was curious...and this is how stuff gets started :)... This video provides a good explanation of the co-axial escapement starting at 6:00. It also shows Omega's evolution of the co-axial movement in their lineup.

The Seamaster model has quite an interesting history as well.

Super cool.
Holyyyyyyyy! That one with the tourbillon in the middle is HOT!

Mark, you have an incredible rotation of Seiko sports models. I'd love to see a family photo if you have one. I'm a longtime Seiko diver fan but haven't had one in a long time. I may pick up another one some day. Please continue to tempt me. :)
Thanks! I’ll try to get a pic of the whole family soon and post it up.

I continue to hunt for a reasonably priced Seiko Pepsi bezel watch to replace the one that got destroyed when we had a fire in 1999 when their prices were still within reason!!

Back