The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Smoke Lounge

The 35 might be the perfect smoke. Orlando Padron had it made to satisify the 35 minute run around the farm he did every morning. Fantastic!
There is no doubt there. To me a real strong dark coffee note on the retrohale. I love it

I'm getting back into cigars gents.. Smoked them briefly back in my 40's.. Want to dip back into it again.. Having been out of it for quite a while, can I get some recommendations please? Looking for something medium to medium/light bodied. I also prefer shorter cigars 5" max and nothing bigger than a 50 ring.

Relegated to the front of the house tonight because of rain. But after a day of starting to deal with 4 more strike notices for next week I wasn’t giving up the quiet time.
083A8879-29D3-4E00-AD0F-233A8E49BEAE.jpeg

@MarkB I’m the renewed kid on the block too. I did like I did with shaving, fountain pens, and scotch. Started watching the YouTubers and listening to podcasts. I often order from cigarsdaily because they ship quickly, with humidification, and can buy things in ones and twos to try out.

@MarkB I’m the renewed kid on the block too. I did like I did with shaving, fountain pens, and scotch. Started watching the YouTubers and listening to podcasts. I often order from cigarsdaily because they ship quickly, with humidification, and can buy things in ones and twos to try out.
Great to know. I'll check them out. Thanks!

@MarkB Also look at zeal cigars they sell sample packsalmost exclusively. Also try the following spice creaam. AVO classic or XO and anything with a Connecticut or Connecticut shade wrapped. Also as mentioned cigar page.com has great bundles, samples as full boxes at great rates. You can search out your local tobaccoist as well at your local cigar shop. For the AVO look for the intermezzo and or robusto. Esteban Carrerras also makes a petit robusto and once you get your sea legs back try a Padron 1924 #35. A bit more full bodied
are. delicious

@OpusX bat signal!!!

@MarkB Also look at zeal cigars they sell sample packsalmost exclusively. Also try the following spice creaam. AVO classic or XO and anything with a Connecticut or Connecticut shade wrapped. Also as mentioned cigar page.com has great bundles, samples as full boxes at great rates. You can search out your local tobaccoist as well at your local cigar shop
Awesome! Thanks Dave. Yeah my go-to place back in the day was the Humidor Pipe Shop. They had a great selection as I remember. Plan on hitting them up this weekend. Still have my humidor. Need to break it out and see what shape it’s in.

Awesome! Thanks Dave. Yeah my go-to place back in the day was the Humidor Pipe Shop. They had a great selection as I remember. Plan on hitting them up this weekend. Still have my humidor. Need to break it out and see what shape it’s in.

I had the same problem. I re seasoned but all those years, the seal went south. Then @NurseDave told be about electrohumidors and threatened me if I did not buy one ROFL

@MarkB cigarpage is a great "woot" like deals site. Beware, they will get you to fill up a humidor quickly and rapidly expand into "spare room" Tupperware-adors.

Looking for something medium to medium/light bodied. I also prefer shorter cigars 5" max and nothing bigger than a 50 ring.

Some of the classics are still great staples. Connecticut Fuentes, Ashton, Padron 64 naturals. (edit to add Davidoff)

@MarkB cigarpage is a great "woot" like deals site. Beware, they will get you to fill up a humidor quickly and rapidly expand into "spare room" Tupperware-adors.

Some of the classics are still great staples. Connecticut Fuentes, Ashton, Padron 64 naturals. (edit to add Davidoff)
Great! Thanks, Tony! :)

It is amazing when you have a good seal on a humidor with temperature control Only two days of Seasoning so far. About 4 more percentage points and I can start adding sticks, perfect timing with an order coming in. I guess it helps to have 5 84% bovedas and a tub of Distilled water in the process, LOL, and as is typical the analog guage is off by a bit, LOL

seasonign day 2.jpg

You’re trying to get it to 78%?
Yep then add the sticks as once I put the sticks in and the new Humidifier it will drop ( I HOPE ) and according to Audew and Cigar Oasis it should drop into the sweet zone, plus I dont know how the two boxes of sticks will be when then get here

Back