The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Smoke Lounge

Nothing wrong with Captain Black. The CB Royal (dark blue pouch) was my first pipe tobacco. I will still smoke some every now-and-then, but I am more likely to grab some Lane Limited "1Q" since my local cigar shop carries that.
I always liked the white.
I did get RLP-6 (I believe) from a pipe/cigar shop when I was in NC. Closest shop to me now is 90 miles away. I got to know the owner fairly well despite being such a trip, and got a few flavored aromatics from him. Mostly his house blended stuff, but it was good for the most part.

I have yet to have a Lane Limited tobacco that I didn't like. 1Q, HGL, HG-2000, and RLP-6 are all good smokes. HGL is my favorite in that list.

If you don't have a smoke shop near you, @ShawnF, you should take a look at SmokingPipes.Com. They have a great selection, their prices are good, and shipping isn't too horrible.

NOTE: I am not affiliated with SmokingPipes. I am just a satisfied customer.

I have yet to have a Lane Limited tobacco that I didn't like. 1Q, HGL, HG-2000, and RLP-6 are all good smokes. HGL is my favorite in that list.

If you don't have a smoke shop near you, @ShawnF, you should take a look at SmokingPipes.Com. They have a great selection, their prices are good, and shipping isn't too horrible.

NOTE: I am not affiliated with SmokingPipes. I am just a satisfied customer.
I think I've ordered from them in the past. Truth is I quit smoking about 4 years ago. Well.... Traded. I started vaping and my pipes have been collecting dust for the most part.
I did actually pick up a pouch of Captain black the other night, but after spoiling myself with watermelon, grape, raspberry, blueberry, butterscotch, and some other flavors, it just didn't taste as good anymore. :LOL:

Ya’ll got me curious of what I had stashed away. This is what I bought that year I figured I’d be having a pipe many times a week.
4ABC3AE0-CC59-47C4-A3FD-9DEFACACA179.jpeg
3EE8BEE5-0778-42C6-90FB-6EEF5B582FE7.jpeg

Some solid picks there Dave! Looks like you favor a Cavendish blend. I’ll keep that in mind.

Some solid picks there Dave! Looks like you favor a Cavendish blend. I’ll keep that in mind.
Sadly the only one I’ve tried of those so far is Easy Street. I know I like English blends.

Savor those Frog Morton tins. McClelland went out of business two years ago. That is some seriously good unobtainium there!!

EDIT: The Dunhill (now Peterson) Early Morning Pipe is a fabulous, easy smoking English Mixture.

The Sutliff Heavy English is really good stuff. I think I like the BSOM Match and the PS Proper English more, but this is a good smoke.

I’m aware ;)
I envy you that stash.

I only have one 2oz. tin of Frog Morton Across the Pond and one 2oz. tin of the regular Frog Morton left in my stash.

I am really hesitant to open the Across the Pond since it is doubly unobtainium. First, it is McClelland. Second, it contains Syrian Latakia. Both of which are extinct.

I picked up this little guy tonight.
IMG_20200115_204333888.jpg
H.I.S. Italia pipes are cheap briars that are factory seconds made by Gardesana. Most places have them as "basket pipes," but they are my favorites. I have a Boswell, 3 Peterson's, a Jirsa that I picked up in Prague, a few vintage Kaywoodies, two Meerschaums, and a few other pipes, but H.I.S. makes up the bulk of my pipe collection. I have 11 of them now. They are all excellent smokers.

View attachment 15157
H.I.S. Italia pipes are cheap briars that are factory seconds made by Gardesana. Most places have them as "basket pipes," but they are my favorites. I have a Boswell, 3 Peterson's, a Jirsa that I picked up in Prague, a few vintage Kaywoodies, two Meerschaums, and a few other pipes, but H.I.S. makes up the bulk of my pipe collection. I have 11 of them now. They are all excellent smokers.
Nice! I almost picked up a HIS pipe smokers starter kit my last annual trip with the missus to our posh coastal getaway. They’re pretty accessible pieces compared to some others, and they look decent.

View attachment 15157
I like that shape a lot

My introduction to pipe smoking was a pouch of Captain Black Royal, a Missouri Meerschaum, an H.I.S. briar, and a Czech pipe tool. That was back in 2005. I still have the H.I.S. and the pipe tool.

I love that pipe and that is probably why I like the brand so much.

Ooo, looking forward to watching this!

Thanks for posting Rich. I love that first lattice one! Nice and big.

Back