The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Smoke Lounge

Have a few more sticks to move over and two orders just placed yesterday but here she is. I added a switch so the LEDs only run when the door is open since the transformer for them gets warm.

Getting the humidity up was a bear. I think all the wooden slide out shelves are porous so they soaked up a lot. All the boxes in there but two right now are empty and added for a humidity sink as well as aesthetics. I wet them down each a couple of times and then took to running a little vaporizer the girls have for smelly stuff a few hours a day. Needless to say, in theory the thing isn’t likely to drop humidity easily either. Also plenty of space for adding more cedar trays or full boxes.

IMG_4273.jpeg
IMG_4274.jpeg

Have a few more sticks to move over and two orders just placed yesterday but here she is. I added a switch so the LEDs only run when the door is open since the transformer for them gets warm.

Getting the humidity up was a bear. I think all the wooden slide out shelves are porous so they soaked up a lot. All the boxes in there but two right now are empty and added for a humidity sink as well as aesthetics. I wet them down each a couple of times and then took to running a little vaporizer the girls have for smelly stuff a few hours a day. Needless to say, in theory the thing isn’t likely to drop humidity easily either. Also plenty of space for adding more cedar trays or full boxes.

View attachment 118442
View attachment 118443
Looks Awesome! and so proud of your enablement heehee

Tonights Offering:
Southern Draw Rose of Sharon

After a fresh V- cut the unlit draw give a hint of dried apricot, but vanishes after the the light. A super creamy smoke, very mellow and sticks on the back of the throat thick with a nice hit of cedar a bit of oak and just a touch of milk chocolate. Holding the smoke and rolling it around on the palate give a hint of baking spice and a wonderfully smooth and mellow pepper with spices on the retrohale. A lingering black licorice on the back of the throat and palate with even a bit of banana bread on the tongue after exhale. This is a perfect cigar with some coffee. I bought these based on Tim’s review and my wife’s name and favorite Hibiscus

Highly recommended. Box worthy and a perfect morning, or everyday stick

09.02.2023.JPEG

How was that stick? I've passed them by a few times at the tobacconist near the house.
Meh. It smells good presmoke, but I don’t see the smokiness playing a role when you actually smoke it.

I gave up my shelf space for my empty humidor for my wife to use for display. But all my pipe tobacco was also there. On moving it I realized I have enough for the rest of my life with my current pipe smoking rate or maybe a month for Gerry. I do still have 4 unopened tins from McClelland. So I either need to get back into the pipe game more or get rid of a bulk of the tobacco.

IMG_4296.jpeg

I gave up my shelf space for my empty humidor for my wife to use for display. But all my pipe tobacco was also there. On moving it I realized I have enough for the rest of my life with my current pipe smoking rate or maybe a month for Gerry. I do still have 4 unopened tins from McClelland. So I either need to get back into the pipe game more or get rid of a bulk of the tobacco.

View attachment 118534
Or... Store it in your underwear drawer. Underwear is optional anyways

View attachment 118534
I will gladly store any and all pipe tobaccos for you, especially unobtanium stuff like McClelland.

Back