The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Smoke Lounge

So my wife thought I didn't need to be spending any more on this project and nobody would care if my LED strips were the only white thing in an entirely friggin' black unit. So, now we both think that. Last night the sliding brackets were removed again, the lights installed, and then the brackets reinstalled. I'm hoping this is the last time they are taken out. I'm not sure what the screws are biting into to hold the unit tight, but I don't want to test how many times they can be inserted before stripping out whatever it is. The humidifier got shipped out today, so it's mostly a waiting game now. There isn't a hole from the inside of the unit to the outside of the unit as I saw on the video I watched about doing this. There is an air filter on the video unit I guess vented to the outside? I dunno. But anyway, I can work on how I'm getting a power cord into the unit without creating an air gap. Shouldn't be too far or take up too much styrofoam or hot glue :)

ItemDetailsStatus
Cedar traysSpanish cedar 12.5"x7.5" (5)Arrived
Electric humidifierCigar Oasis Excel 3.0Shipped
Electric hygrometerArrived
LED lightsHand me downsInstalled
Extra cedarI think I'm ok
Additional fan units2x 120mm computer fans with speed controlArrived
Digital timer for fansLooked for the most programmable cyclesArrived
Door switchShipped
More cigarsOoops ordered too soon

Not only is the leather manly enough it shouldn't be mistaken as a purse, I can only imagine how good that will look with "Vargo" stamped on it.

Bolivar Cofradia
A different name but ALL Padron. Excellent budget stick. Review to follow

IMG_2487.jpeg

A couple of days ago, I pulled out the cooler to determine the best way to run power into the inside. Well, the "best" way would be to go through the area where the compressor and all the works currently are and drill a hole into the inside somewhere. Buuuut the easiest way is using the hole already on the inside for the filter at the top of the inner compartment and just drill a corresponding hole on the outer shell. So that's the current plan. And don't tell my wife I ordered a black extension cord and power strip. That much white inside the cabinet would certainly stand out. When it comes to actually drilling the hole, I might rethink coming into the bottom rather than the top.

ItemDetailsStatus
Cedar traysSpanish cedar 12.5"x7.5" (5)Arrived
Electric humidifierCigar Oasis Excel 3.0Shipped
Electric hygrometerArrived
LED lightsHand me downsInstalled
Extra cedarI think I'm ok
Additional fan units2x 120mm computer fans with speed controlArrived
Digital timer for fansLooked for the most programmable cyclesArrived
Door switchShipped
Extension cordShipped
Power stripShipped
40mm hole sawArrived