The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Smoke Lounge

ItemDetailsStatus
Cedar traysSpanish cedar 12.5"x7.5" (5)Arrived
Electric humidifierCigar Oasis Excel 3.0Ordered
Electric hygrometerArrived
LED lightsDecision not made
Extra cedarI need Sharon to tell Dave to clean up his area
Additional fan units Ordered
Digital timer for fansLooked for most programmable cycles Ordered

Umm you kkow the oasis has a digital display and the app so you just wanted to spend money on the hygrometer

Umm you kkow the oasis has a digital display and the app so you just wanted to spend money on the hygrometer
Dude, there’s 7’ between the oasis and the top of the humidor. I need to figure out appropriate airflow.

Dude, because that’s where you put a storage container full of water. You can dangle yours over your cigars if you please. 🤪
It is completely sealed and the water is not fluid it is in a fuel cell type sponge medium. It is not just a container of water LOL. You will see

Blackbird Cactus Wren Short Run Robusto -Review

08.20.2023.2.jpg
This one holds a special one for me as I am an Arizonan, and happen to have a few of these Loud, pesky, Arrogant Birds in my backyard. They apologize for nothing, and don’t take any crap.
This Cigar could not be named more appropriate!.

Simple in wrapping, Delicious even on the cold draw, this stick ROCKS. With the profile of this cigar seeming to be a monster, I was surprised how smooth this cigar is from start to finish. With Mexican San Andres wrapper, Cuban seed Dominican binder, and a blend of Corojo, Criollo 98, and Olor fillers.

1st third – A perfect morning Cigar. With a nice cup of coffee this cigar explode with a smooth coffee note with to me seems a tiny bit of sweetness, almost a tad of mint. especially on the retrohale. easy to light, no torpedoing, and just smooth from beginning to end, with a good ash

2nd Third : A bit more earthiness and a bit stronger on the Retro with some pepper and a baking bread vibe, but even smoother than the 1st third.

Final Third – The very light sweetness prevails a bit, but not sweet, if that makes sense. a bit more spicy now and a bit bolder, but again IMHO one of the smoothest cigars I have had recently. Now along with all the other tasting notes a buttery oily presence is introduced.

Throughout the smoke it retains a very toothy, chewy characteristic, and leaves a beautiful oiliness on the palate, allowing the flavors to linger and build. All the while keeping a tremendous draw and a not to “stingy” retrohale in the nostrils.
Too bad this is a limited edition short run ( or maybe a great thing ). As this is literally a perfect cigar IMHO.
You may even have our state bird join you and start doing a little dance while you smoke this stick.

TIME: 45 minute to an hour
MY RATING: 98-99
Most certainly Box Worthy.

Yesterday I ended up installing the sliding brackets to the side walls and just sitting the shelves back into place. The youngest said she’s done with what seems like 2000’ of led lights in her room so I could have them. I test fit one run down one side to see if they did any good or looked too cheesy. During the day they are pointless, but at night they actually did add a decent amount of light. I did learn that while the lights aren’t hot, the transformer gets toasty when the lights are on for a long time. So that answers the question as to having a switch outside so g they can be turned on for effect or a door switch so they are only on when the door is open. I plan to have all the electronics inside the unit and don’t need a little heater in there. So now a door switch is ordered. Last decision is if I go with these free lights or try to find black ones. The strip these are on is white.

My understanding is that Blackbird is hoping to add the Wren as a permanent offering some time next year. This short run was a collab with Cigars Daily which is awesome.

I'm not usually a fan of San Andres wrapper though, not the biggest fan of the extra black pepper note I get.

We get the other Blackbird offering here in Utah I really enjoy the Finch, great morning camping stick.

My understanding is that Blackbird is hoping to add the Wren as a permanent offering some time next year. This short run was a collab with Cigars Daily which is awesome.

I'm not usually a fan of San Andres wrapper though, not the biggest fan of the extra black pepper note I get.

We get the other Blackbird offering here in Utah I really enjoy the Finch, great morning camping stick.
indeed, we are hoping to have Tim on the show soon, as he is just up in Phoenix

This one is not too peppery at all

I think I did pretty good. Held off on buying any more cigars until today.

Back