The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Radio Show May 2020 Episode 1

I'm listening as I type up a narrative. I love the format and topics discussed so far.

Thank you very much for the show, and thank you especially @BarberDave for addressing the questions I posted.

I should have been more specific about shavettes-my only experience with them is with the Feather AC DX, and I agree with the detailed answer you gave about blade angle.

One point you made that I agree with strongly is if possible starting with a traditional straight razor before trying a shavette. It's more work on one level, but I think it's worth it. The first time I tried the Feather DX (with many years of DE shaving under my belt), it wasn't pretty. I had NO technique.

Sadly, this discouraged me from SR shaving. After a few years, I took the plunge into traditional straights, stuck with it, and have about 1200 shaves under my belt. Somewhere about 3 years into my SR journey, I pulled out the DX and got a wonderful shave. I use it about once a week now-it's not as satisfying somehow as a traditional straight, but it provides incredibly close shaves.

All the best,

Michael

It took me some time to listen to the entire radio show ... loved it. Thank you "owners" for this wonderful forum ! Great job !

PS I knew that "caterpillar-stuff" reminded me of my childhood action figures ... :LOL:

Back