The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC New Year's Appreciation Shave

Today's New Years 2020 TSC Appreciation Shave was with the following:

RAZOR: 1976 Birthyear Gillette Black Handle TTO ( @Techichi TSC Vendor)

SOAP: Cbl Tonsorial Smokey Mountain (Thanks to @Dave in KY )

AFTERSHAVE: Stirling unscented splash (@Joe Hackett TSC Vendor)

BRUSH: I don't have a TSC connected Brush, so I simply used the next one in Rotation

BLADE: I don't have a TSC connected blade, so I used a new Hospital prep blade from a sample plack I received in yesterday's mail

I have only shaved with the razor once, the blade never. Thus, it was a bit rough. I transplanted the blade to a different Razor for Friday. We'll see how it fairs in familiar territory.

The cream was excellent, as usual. The AS was great, as well. I believe I will absolutely love this AS when the warmer, more humid weather hits.
a694556afead8633287aa7e7cf14a01c.jpg
This actually reminded me of a question @CBLindsay ... Is the Smokey Mountain Cedar ever going to be made in the premium base? Or, is it based on a premium soap scent already made?

Today's shave has me wondering if I should have this scent in my rotation. Since I haven't yet tried the premium, figure I could kill 2 birds with one soap.

Thanks.

43DAF6DA-FC16-40C2-B428-B5BEAD34FD58.jpeg

Razor: Yates 921-M
Brush: Yaqi 24mm 2 band finest
Blade: Astra SP (13th use)
Soap: CBL Roasted Oatmeal Stout

The only TSC connection I have in the den as of now is the CBL soap and it’s also my first use of it.
I am quite impressed on how easily this soap loaded and lathered. And the scent!! I’m really looking forward to trying the premium base but it might be a while due to the scent of ROS.

IMG_7922.jpeg

TSC Appreciation Shave - New Year's Day

Some of my prize possessions -

Straight: Ern Ator @Dagwoodz (Thanks for getting this to me, it's incredible!)
DE: Gillette Canadian Tech @Techichi (I asked he if he could find me a fat handle tech, and he came up with this, one of my best shavers.)
Brush: Vintage Barbershop
Soap: CBL Tonsorial Yardley Lavender @CBLindsay (The brush and soap were part of this year's Rudolph git exchange, along with the Rapira blades. Chris put the soap in a vintage Yardley bowl that he restored. Awesome!)

Last edited:
Back