The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC New Year's Appreciation Shave

HMan

Doften Savant
Just floating this idea. how about a TSC Appreciation shave on New Year's Day where we only use items that are connected to TSC? Eg. using only items that have come from a TSC member or artisan, with bought from, given or PIF'd by.

Then when SOTD's are posted, give a shout out to the person or vendor you got items from?

Just floating this idea. how about a TSC Appreciation shave on New Year's Day where we only use items that are connected to TSC? Eg. using only items that have come from a TSC member or artisan, with bought from, given or PIF'd by.

Then when SOTD's are posted, give a shout out to the person or vendor you got items from?
I like that. And it easily works with the group 3017 of CBL Tonsorial! As long as my brain is functioning properly at 4AM that morning count me in!

Most likely we will see something similar in Feb for the 2 year anniversary of the Cadre as well.

I like that. And it easily works with the group 3017 of CBL Tonsorial! As long as my brain is functioning properly at 4AM that morning count me in!

Most likely we will see something similar in Feb for the 2 year anniversary of the Cadre as well.

Ah, that's right the Anniversary is another day where something like this is done, I just remember it being about the custom brushes last year.

Great idea. I don't have the width and breadth others do, but I can use PIF'ed soaps, for sure.

I'll need to see who I bought my 6s, Slim, and GC from to see if they are on the Cadre. Glad I Have a few days to investigate.

Yes! And I'd say may it a 2 day event..... the 31st and the 1st. That way those of us who are in the CBL 3017 and locked into that soap on the 1st, can highlight another soap on the 31st.

Great idea. I don't have the width and breadth others do, but I can use PIF'ed soaps, for sure.

I'll need to see who I bought my 6s, Slim, and GC from to see if they are on the Cadre. Glad I Have a few days to investigate.
Well that was easier than I thought...

Got my Birth year razor from @Techichi ...

Got CBL soaps aplenty...

Finally, Stirling is a Cadre vendor... Just received an aftershave from them.

I shave every other day and this year, that falls on 1/1/20. I'm ready to go!

Great idea! I'm in!!

giphy.gif

I'm in for both days. I have a ton of stuff that I have received or purchased from Cadre members.

I can even use some stuff that I just received. (y)(y)

IMG_7919.jpeg

TSC Appreciation Shave New Year's Eve 2019

Razor: 1940's Gillette Super Speed - @Techichi
Brush: Barbershop restoration - @CBLindsay
Soap: CBL California Sunrise

The Super Speed was my first TTO razor and the experience buying form Techichi was so good I've gotten two more vintage razors from him, and am sure more will follow.

The brush is the first synth I've really loved to use since getting a couple of Paladin Badgers.

The soap, well what to say, this is in my top 5 best scents ever and it works very well with the base, this is top tier stuff.

A big shout out to Chris and Techichi for being great examples of how to have a great product and stand behind it.

Back