The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Hockey Thread

Straight from the headlines of YouTube.

Ahhh....We've heard this complaint before. Most of the people that hate us forget that it's the logo on the front....not the name on the back. I know that doesn't sit well with everyone but the fact that we've made the playoffs 5 out of 6 years of existence and are going to our 2nd Cup Final in that time, says more about how well that idea works than the thought that a team should commit itself to a player no matter how well he's performing. It's a notion that exists in baseball more than most sports.......so I'm fine with that idea. I'll take a championship banner over a banner with a retired players number on it...any day. As the team grows its history, we'll get more long term players that will be the face of the franchise.....but the Cup is not as easy to win so fans should focus on that more. If people want to hate the Golden Knights.....fine....just means we're doing something right....because no one hates the Coyotes.

Ahhh....We've heard this complaint before. Most of the people that hate us forget that it's the logo on the front....not the name on the back. I know that doesn't sit well with everyone but the fact that we've made the playoffs 5 out of 6 years of existence and are going to our 2nd Cup Final in that time, says more about how well that idea works than the thought that a team should commit itself to a player no matter how well he's performing. It's a notion that exists in baseball more than most sports.......so I'm fine with that idea. I'll take a championship banner over a banner with a retired players number on it...any day. As the team grows its history, we'll get more long term players that will be the face of the franchise.....but the Cup is not as easy to win so fans should focus on that more. If people want to hate the Golden Knights.....fine....just means we're doing something right....because no one hates the Coyotes.
What's this we stuff???

because no one hates the Coyotes.
Arizona does.

All i'll say to your comment as a whole is the NHL sets up Expansion teams for actual success. So you really don't know if the ownership will be successful until like two decades later. I just enjoy hockey I have no skin in the game and have been to 3 Vegas Hockey games. All 3 are a blast... and no one tell Steve but I even own a Knights hat.

Resisting the urge to get excited...........

Up 2 games in the Cup Finals is...obviously...very good....but the last time the Golden Knights were in the Cup Finals, they lost 4 straight after getting the opening game win. So I'm not ready to celebrate anything.

Last night's game had several game miscounducts (from the same Panthers player!) and quite a few dust ups......none of them from the Golden Knights. It was good to see them restraining themselves from engaging in the extra curricular shoving and punching after the whistle that usually leads to penalty minutes. The VGK are focused and playing a much more disciplined game.

Now the series heads to Florida where the Vegas home ice advantage goes away....but the VGK have been very hard to beat on the road. A fact most of the league has missed this year (also...the VGK are undefeated at home against the panthers...another fact the tv guys failed to mention last night).

But this panthers team rallied back from a 3-1 deficit against the Bruins....so no one wants to assume their done until that 4th win is achieved.

2 down....2 to go. GO KNIGHTS GO!!!

ee4ea870-03cf-11ee-a9ff-bd07278466b9

Sounds like an exciting game. Now only if I'd been invited to watch along.... ;)

Back